Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2011, 02:28 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

Nothing really new but maybe of interest to keep here on the thread FYI:

Quote:

Hello Rakesh,
The speakers will be shipped the address you have provided for delivery on September 8th. All boxes are labelled with the impedance of the speaker inside, and all speakers are physically label with their build date / serial number
Best Regards
Daniel Barnes
FANE INTERNATIONAL LTD

Old 8th September 2011, 11:56 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Just to let everyone know that a pallet was delivered today. I have not had a chance to open it yet but it is from Fane and clearly contains the drivers that were ordered a fair while ago now.

I will check the contents tomorrow and will organise shipping over the next few days.

Best regards
Rakesh
Old 9th September 2011, 02:01 AM   #103
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

woohoo, thanks Rakesh
Old 9th September 2011, 09:40 AM   #104
Tax is offline Tax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshpoorun View Post
Hello,

Just to let everyone know that a pallet was delivered today. I have not had a chance to open it yet but it is from Fane and clearly contains the drivers that were ordered a fair while ago now.

I will check the contents tomorrow and will organise shipping over the next few days.

Best regards
Rakesh
Thanks once again Rakesh, for all the time and energy you have put into making this a reality!

Kind regards
Tax
Old 10th September 2011, 12:11 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Great news.

Thanks Rakesh for the update, we are all excited about receiving them.
Old 10th September 2011, 09:07 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone,

I counted the drivers (they are all there) and opened two boxes to check condition and appearance.

Unfortunately I will have to open every single box as this is the only way to check the impedance as there are no markings on the outside (I will be writing these on the outside of the boxes to make life easier).

I did confirm with Fane that they would all have a build date and a serial number, but I could not see these anywhere. I have sent an email to Daniel yesterday and am awaiting his response.

As for shipping, I will aim to have all the drivers shipped next week.

Best regards
Rakesh
Old 11th September 2011, 12:15 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Sounds like some more unexpected work ! Your efforts are really appreciated, Rakesh , thanks .
Old 13th September 2011, 09:21 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Default This is so not on!

Hello everyone,

I have now opened more boxes to make sure that I do not suffer from some form of selective blindness, in response to the following email from Daniel:

Quote:
Hi Rakesh,
I have spoken with production and they have assured me that the speakers & cartons were despatched with the following labels attached, please see attached file. Can you confirm that this is correct?
Best Regards
Daniel Barnes
FANE INTERNATIONAL LTD
I have emailed him again explaining that there is definitely no serial number or manufacture dates at all on any of the speakers, as on the pictures that Daniel emailed me as an attachment.

I guess Fane will have to manufacture some labels that they can send to me first class and which I will then attach to the speakers. It may sound like a minor thing but it is not. I might as well be added on Fane's payroll if I have to go through every single box, remove the packaging, take out every single speaker from its plastic wrapping and stick labels...

Best regards
Rakesh
Old 13th September 2011, 11:20 PM   #109
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Maybe the end user can attach the stickers Rakesh if you put them in the boxes.

Thanks again for your work.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:14 PM   #110
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone,

Fane is sending me sticky labels by tomorrow to reach me on Friday. I could but will not, for hopefully obvious reasons, book any shipping until I have physically received these labels.

Daniel has sent me a picture of a label with the manufacture date on it but obviously whoever did the labelling at Fane just picked the wrong box -thankfully they do say Studio 8M and have the impedance clearly marked. I dare not think of the situation where the impedance would not have been on there.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hide this!Advertise here!