• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Mark, Tax, and everyone else,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it meant a lot. Mark and Phil can now expect their drivers tomorrow as they were collected today by the courier. All the drivers are pretty much shipped provided the courier collects the remaining pairs (i.e. all non-australian and non uk orders)tomorrow as planned. Delivery time is 1-3 days for everyone except UK orders which is 24hrs.

There are two pairs set for Australia (BM & RF)not yet shipped as the owner wanted some measurements taken and I have not had a chance to have these done yet. These will ship as soon as these tests are done.

By the way, if anyone is interested in the remaining spare pairs of Fane 8Ms, the price will be unchanged at £265 until my next trip to France in October after which I will revise the price upward given that these prices were there to make the order possible in the first place, and getting rid of these drivers now would be doing me a favour. And no I am not saying when I am travelling to provide an incentive to those interested in placing an order to do so early and I can free my garage... I need to make some room for some rather large horns! If anyone does decide to place an order, I prefer if you email me directly at rakeshpoorun@gmail.com

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited:
Whilst I am here, I should mention there was some interest in the tractrix horns which Russ had heavily discounted to get an order placed whilst he has all the equipment in situ which came to nothing. I think it is a remarkable price and an opportunity not to be missed if you have the funds in these dire times (if you own shares in French banks sell them as this would be an infinitely safer investement). If you do, please contact Russ although I have no idea whether he will still do these fabulous horns at the low low price he quoted. I know he managed to find some excellent shipping rates for Australia as well.

That's me for now. Please let me know how you get on with the delivery of your drivers. They are all fully insured but hopefully we will not have any courier related misery.

Good luck
Rakesh

Last edited:
Failed delivery for JT in Balwyn, Victoria

Hello JT in Balwyn, and everyone in Australia,

JT, UPS tried to deliver but there was no one at home to accept your drivers. they will try again on Monday.

Other than BM and RF whose drivers are shipping today, everyone in Australia should try to make sure they can take delivery today.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello JT in Balwyn, and everyone in Australia,

Other than BM and RF whose drivers are shipping today, everyone in Australia should try to make sure they can take delivery today.

Best regards
Rakesh

When I wrote the above and encouraged everyone to ensure they could collect their drivers, I should really have considered that in Victoria, Australia, it is now 10.30 p.m. and I doubt any UPS driver is driving around in a mad dash trying to deliver Fane 8Ms loudspeakers.

Best regards
Rakesh

Arrived

Top work Rakesh
Drivers have arrived today and I've opened one so far to inspect.
They look very nice.
I will begin running-in one this evening , just with the driver on the floor & see how the tone sounds vs. the B&C .
Thanks again for your heroic & continuing efforts to do all this for us .

Mark

Now where is the Cremant?

Hello everyone,

It's great that quite a few of you have received your drivers today. The last non-Australia/non-UK bound drivers and those going to BM and RF in Australia have left in the past hour and should be with their intended recipients by Wednesday next week.

I hope it all goes well and as planned. Please post on this thread or email me directly to let me know when you take collection of your drivers. I will put the bottle of Cremant (that's what I started drinking in Alsace - it's nice and very moderately priced, an interesting substitute to Champagne which is overhyped/overpriced) aside on hold though until the very last drivers are delivered safely.

It is funny that in the time since I started this Group Buy I looked for a pair of good condition vintage Fane 8Ms in order to carry out some valid comparisons eventually. I now have 8 vintage drivers and expect another pair tomorrow, but I still do not have a pair in acceptable condition. My feeling is that this will be the last set of 8M drivers made commercially available as I never had the impression that Fane was overly enthusiastic about the whole venture.

So enjoy your drivers and please let us all know how you get on. I envy those who will be able to use these in earnest in an appropriate Upper Bass horn straight away and will be prowling this site (and Romy's) with some trepidation in the hope of reading someone's observations quite soon, whether negative or positive it does not matter...

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited:
Fane 8M in the "badass horn" from down under

Hello everyone,

I thought I would share the initial impressions of someone from Australia who seems to have gone through more equipment in his time than I would have ever conceived possible. He has a huge amount of experience with horn loudspeakers especially and generally seems to think the Fanes are quite special indeed but prefers not to have his name mentioned:

Hi Rakesh.

My drivers havent arrived yet (probably tomorrow) but i could not wait and orrowed xxx's (doesnt have any horns setup yet).

Threw them in the midbass and initial impressions are these things are spectacular!!! Ill have to start calling th midbass horn the badass horn. So dynamic and alive but with beautiful tone and very expressive.

Ill buy another pair off you if i may?? If you have a pair of 16 ohm drivers id like to grab those.

I can put the money in your paypal account next week if that suits??

Thank you so much!!!!!!! You rock!! And im one very happy (though sleep deprived) camper!!

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited:
Fane specs

3GGG,

I have sent you an email of the Fane 8M specifications sent to me by Daniel of Fane International, which are identical to these in German posted on Romy's site on the Fane 8M thread by Jorge (post#68 on page 4):

GoodSoundClub - Romy the Cat's Audio Site - To Fane or not to Fane?

You will find a wealth of interesting comments about the Fane 8M in there as well.

I do not know about a different datasheet for the Fane. Please email it to me if you find it but I very much doubt one with different specs exists.

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.