• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I think this is probably the right thread for a quick poll on an important "component" question related to the EUVL F5X build:

How many of us F5X case buyers still need to source output devices (matched 2SK1530/2SJ201 pairs):
NicMac 1

How many have already bought from Zhou?
NicMac 1

I'm considering a possible GB/matching effort.
Cheers,
Nic

I think this is probably the right thread for a quick poll on an important "component" question related to the EUVL F5X build:

How many of us F5X case buyers still need to source output devices (matched 2SK1530/2SJ201 pairs):
NicMac 1
CanAm Man (1 stereo set)

NicMac 1

Cheers,
Nic

NicMac 1
Ramallo
Oneoclock

NicMac 1

This is a nice idea, Oneoclock and me may match the fets (Volunteers), but we need a source. :rolleyes:

F5X Case GB Shipment

Good news!
DHL is booked to ship out to USD and Europe on Monday, Feb. 6 HK time.
Would smyslow, Austria and pchw, USA PM me your contact tel. no.?
It would be better with your tel. no. for DHL.
The shipment will be insured with invoice.
I'll sent the box of pmchoong to Malaysia by Fedex seperately.
Mark

I would like the Regional distributors and those "Asian" send me your shipping address by email.
I just want to re-confirm before final packing.
My email mark.amc@hotmail.com
pmchoong Malaysia
smyslow Austria, Europe distributor (smyslow, pls collect other Europeans' address yourself)
pchw CA, USA, USA distributor (pxhw, pls collect othe Americans' address)
nikon1975 I've your Japan address
alexis I've your address
Thanks a lot! Mark

NicMac 1
CanAm Man (1 stereo set)
ramallo
oneaclock
andrewt

NicMac 1
andrewt

I have bought from ZhouFang, but we need to be sure he does what we want.
I asked for insured postage for my £84 order.
He sent it out in a brown (letter grade) envelope without any insurance. The letter was damaged in transit making the address difficult to read. It took over 5weeks to arrive and while the letter appeared to be lost, ZhouFang insisted I pay for replacement devices. Then he asked me to pay for the return postages of the devices that did not match.

If ramallo/oneoclock would do the matching as mentioned in post #750, we wouldn't be dependent on zhoufang.

I've just quickly checked four small German vendors which still carry both MOSFETs as stock items on their webpages (one store with a big increase in price: €11,95 for a 2SJ201 (VAT included); was €6,96 six months ago).

Check with Euvl.
I think his recommended method of selecting mosFETs is to measure at operating current and at operating voltage.
This requires active cooling so that the Tc is accurately held to operating temperature.

This is not an easy test jig to set up.

We are thinking in the selection method, but the worst thing is the lack of a source for get it (And cheap) :confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.