• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential EUVL F5X designed case user distribution check

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The case fit I did was to ensure the first set of Conrad heatsinks fitted, before running all 30 sets. Conrad are now in the process of drilling the remaining 29 sets.

Now that the jigs are set up the process should be a quick turnaround. Just to jolt everyone’s memory, the heatsinks will be shipped bulk to the RD’s in both Europe and the US. Asia will be shipped singularly (pmchoong, ashaw, Nikon 1975).

There is currently a group buy going on for 230V F5X transformers (both main and helper transformers made by Toroidy in Poland):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/204203-f5x-transformers.html

I would like to encourage those European case buyers who are not yet on this list (hesener, smyslow, AndrewT, Studley) to leave a statement of their (dis)interest in the transformer GB thread.

This ensures that we know that you have taken notice of the European transformer GB and that you didn't miss it. This also helps to estimate when it is time to close it.

Thanks for your help and cooperation!

Gentlemen,

Mark informed me this morning that he is ready to ship.
We shall do so when the bank transfer from John is in our account.
The latest (before Chinese New Year break) is Thursday morning.

So we have done our work and now it is in your hands.
Though 3 weeks delay is also not unbearable.....

;)

Patrick

Yes, for CRC.
So you paid 20 Euros per case for those "undesized" heatsinks that you can use happily for CRC.
And we give you the CRC PCBs and the R's for free.

For regulator we are still testing the "final" solution.
And then we'll release the solution to see who might want it.

That will however not be part of the purchase.
So those who wants regulators would need to source the heatsinks from Fischer.
We'll issue a drawing for you to bulk purchase from Fischer with some minor machining.
They are too heavy and it does not make sense to send to us for machining, even though we are happy to do it for you.

Hope you find this solution satisfactory,
Patrick

Andrew,

We shall be happy to refund you the 20 Euros per case. So 40 Euros in total.

All option 2 boxes are packed and have identical contents. The CRC resistors are already shipped to the LR's. It is quite some effort to communicate across the globe through multiple languages to take parts out, mark them specially, make sure they don't get shipped to the US, and inform the local distributor then there are special boxes for particular persons.

So if you don't mind we'll ship you the two undersized sinks as is. And I hope you appreciate our difficulties.

And in the meantime, while we wait for Mark to make thermal tests in the evening after work to find a final solution for the regulator (he already tested 2 designs with the 3rd one pending), then make drawings available so that you can organise a GB at Fischer, wait for them to deliver, ....., which might not be till summer 2012, you might wish to try the CRC solution which IMHO is not necessarily inferior in terms of final sonic outcome at the speakers.

My apologies again for not making thermal test for the regulator heatsink before I let Mark go ahead with the procurement & manufacture. 100% my fault. Sorry Mark for the extra work load.

Patrick

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.