• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential MPC74 Fukushima resistors GB for EUVL's FX5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 0R22 resistors have been done for a while now, and flg is finishing up the 0R47 resistors. He has been swamped at work, and has not had much time to dedicate to matching the last of the 0R47 resistors. As soon as he completes the matching, we will mail the resistors out to everyone.

I really appreciate how patient everyone has been. Flg and I both make a living doing other things, and it can be very hard to find time to match 2000 power resistors when work gets busy. Matching these resistors at operating conditions is a very time consuming process (I alone spent well over 50 hours matching the 0R22's).

Good news is, the beta boards and cases will likely arrive sometime next month and everyone should have their resistors in time for that.

thanks Greg, no problem, i just need to pop in every now and again to remind that i'm not waiting for the combination with anything else, just the resistors. i know you guys have lives and it all takes time, i'm good with that. ive used mills and soon to have tx221 for the rest of the positions, but i'm sure i'll find some use for the fukus, who knows, perhaps even an f5X

The latest I know is that Greg is trying to recover the 0R47 resistors from Lee, matched or unmatched.
I already mentioned to him that he should consider shipping the rest first while waiting for this.
While we all have a living to make and any matching work is voluntary, it is unfortunate that one matching action is holding up the rest.
But please give Greg a chance to find a pregmatic solution, in the interest of all.

Greg, please correct me as necessary.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick,

If I still have not received the 0R47 resistors from Lee in the next week or so, I will ship out the Mosfets/Keratherm, 0R22 and PRP resistors alone. I want to make sure the resistors do not hold up everyone's ability to start building the F5X, with the cases shipping and the heatsinks soon to follow.

I apologize for how long this has taken, and I really appreciate everyone's patience.

Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.