• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official Group Buy for Autotech Waveguides.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've decided to take on the Group Buy for all Autotech waveguides and horns. I already sent some orders in, but there's still time and space to get more items on the pallet coming from Poland.

I've been in contact with Jack and his company for many months and they've been great to deal with. They do top notch work and people rave about their products. So I feel very confident about their ability to make this come together.

To make this easier, last week I set a quick website to show all the models and give as many specs as I could find. Plus I have a page showing who is currently on the Group Buy so that you know your order has been taken. I will update that page as people put in their orders.

Website link:

-------

DIY Sound Group

-------

The site is not 100% complete, but it's up and running.

You can either contact me here in this thread, by PM, or through email on the Group Buy website.

Shipping a pallet from Poland is very expensive (currently $1000). But Autotech is going to help with that, so the price you see listed is pretty much the price to get it to Chicago. It's the same pricing Jack has listed on his site.

I live in Cincinnati. I can drive to Chicago and pick up the pallet, then box up the items and ship them out from zip code 45239. I have sizes listed on the website for all items. They don't weigh very much, so shipping will likely be based on the size of the package. You'll be able to check shipping costs from UPS or Fedex.

I can probably get free boxes for the smaller waveguides. Shipping those will be no big deal and pretty cheap because of the weight. So if you're worried at all about shipping, the 12" OS waveguides, E-JMLC-1000, and similar ones are your best bet. :)

As for shipping larger items: I can order boxes through Uline if needed. Prices are cheap, as in a few dollars. You can probably take a rough guess on box size to figure shipping costs. I will do this the best and cheapest way I possibly can to help out. But it will be a little hard to give an exact price on shipping larger items until they're boxed up.

Brokerage fees on the pallet: If any extra money is needed to cover this fee, it will only be a few dollars per item. I have no control over brokerage fees.

So long story short: With Autotech's help, their price will get the items to the US. There could be a few extra dollars added per item for brokerage fees. That's it. I can get boxes for smaller items for free and shipping those smaller items won't be bad. For larger items, I have to buy a box for a few dollars, then figure shipping.

Let the fun begin! :D :D

Last edited:
The pallet is filling up guys. So if anyone wants something, please let me know. I'm going to post the link that contains current orders so anyone that contacted me can make sure they're listed. If you're debating whether to get something but don't need it right now or whatever, let me know, something can probably be worked out.

Link showing current orders:

DIY Sound Group

I'm interested in ordering the 12" OSWG. I'm also interested in the SEOS waveguides but waiting for the tests.

My listening room is 16' wide and about 30'deep with a 7'-8" ceiling. I'm thinking that maybe the Ellipse Oblate Spherical waveguide might mitigate the influence of the low ceiling whereas the Oblate Spheroid would cause more reflections. Any advice on the pros and cons of both designs in relation to my room would be appreciated.:)

-Roy

The pallet was filled last week. Shipping should be this upcoming week.

We will be starting a new group buy that should include the SEOS-15 and SEOS-10 as well. The next one should fill quicker than the first pallet.

Plus, once I get these here and figure all the shipping, we'll know how much those costs will be for future orders.

Iwata 300 horns are here!!

Guys, I got the pallet in from Poland and everything looks great. It's all been unpacked and I'll start wrapping the items up this weekend for shipping.

Waveguide and Horn Delivery (Photos) - AVS Forum

I'll post photos here later on. Shipping was a bit difficult, but it's finally done.

Hello,
I am happy everything arrived safely. I've ordered a pair of Iwata 300 horns and I was wondering when I will get information on payment and shipping.
Thanks,
David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.