• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Subwoofer Filter PCB with LFE sensing, EQ sections, 12/24 dB LR cutoff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will this board work for my Dayton 15" IB in dipole?
I'm not that read up on active x-overs and use a Behringer DCX2496 today.
So I need to cut frequense up at 290hz 12dB/oct and down at around 30hz as steep as possible. Dipole compensation from 250hz with +6dB/oct.
Also I want to be able to adjust volume so the Dayton's integrate nicely with the rest of the dipoles(passive x-over for 7" dayton reference and B&G NEO8).

Can I still get one or two boards?

Will this board work for my Dayton 15" IB in dipole?
I'm not that read up on active x-overs and use a Behringer DCX2496 today.
So I need to cut frequense up at 290hz 12dB/oct and down at around 30hz as steep as possible. Dipole compensation from 250hz with +6dB/oct.
Also I want to be able to adjust volume so the Dayton's integrate nicely with the rest of the dipoles(passive x-over for 7" dayton reference and B&G NEO8).

Can I still get one or two boards?

Hi Mayday,

The board can do what you want it to, but it will take some 'personal adjustments' in component selection and it's not easy to configure both a steep low pass and a steep high pass:

-Low pass at 290hz: you can use the Linkwitz Riley section for this, but use much lower capacitor values for the C4xx capacitors then in the current BOM to get to your 290Hz. The current design uses a 4-gang pot to adjust crossover frequency. You can also solder in 4 resistors to make a fixed version. You have the option between both 12dB/octave and 24dB/octave filtering.
-High pass at 30hz: the rumble filter is in there to cut out low frequencies. You can easily configure it for 30hz. However this is a single filter section, so only 12dB/octave filtering
-Dipole compensation: there is the option for a full Linkwitz transform network. Here you can configure Linkwitz transform compensation. This also gives you the option (with jumpering or omitting certain components) to install other types of shelving filters (see the calculation tools for several examples).
-Other than these options there are also 3 fully adjustable EQ sections in there (which can also be bypassed). And there is full phase control.

If you want steeper filtering of the high pass, you could switch the Linkwitz Riley section and the rumble section, fo steep high pass and 12dB/oct low pass. But you'll probably run into issues with component placement (there is not much room to place a cap in a resistor spot). Another option would be to have one 12dB/oct high pass section configured in the rumble filter and configure the low pass (high frequency filter) at the input buffer as a high pass (as a second section to increase your total slope), this will however increase noise and results in a higher risk of oscillation problems.

And yes you can still get one or two boards, but after you and Hallcon, I'm definitely out of extra boards. If interested people keep on coming, I can always do a reorder. They don't charge tooling for subsequent orders, so less boards are needed then to cover costs.

Hi all,

Thought I'd give you anxious puppies a little update:

-Shipping of the boards from PCBcart is still scheduled for next monday. With any luck they'll arrive on my doorstep by the end of next week :Present:. Keep your fingers crossed :xfingers:.

-I collected all your address info in a table so I can print nice labels. This should speed up the process of getting the boards to you considerably (compared to writing all addresses by hand).

-Because pricing was based on 50 boards, there probably will be about € 50,- left after shipping. What's left after I shipped everything out will be transfered to the diyAudio account.

-Happy Queen's Day

Hi,

I would like 2 boards as well. Pls let me know if you still have some available.

For now there are no boards left. Interest for a second run is currently at 5 boards. To cover costs we need interest for at least another 20.

Some good news for the others:

Boards are in transit, currently in Germany and due to arrive at my doorstep somewhere tomorrow! I'll keep you guys posted.

Hi everybody,

Boards have arrived! Unfortunately my schedule is more than full for the coming days. So I can't start shipping them to you until somewhere next week. But to ease the pain, here's a quick snap:

Filter-001.jpg

A little more patience. I'll start shipping asap!

Labeled all the envelopes and bringing them to the post office tomorrow. For all non European countries I put a customs label on there to (hopefully) prevent any customs issues.

Also found the time to do some soldering. Haven't connected anything or tested it yet, but it gives an idea of what a populated board will look like:

Filter-001-2.jpg

The wait is almost over guys!

Could you please post in this thread when you receive your package?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.