Subwoofer Filter PCB with LFE sensing, EQ sections, 12/24 dB LR cutoff - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th March 2012, 05:49 AM   #31
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

I am in for at least 2 boards. Maybe 4. Looking forward to the details.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:47 AM   #32
Ginum is offline Ginum  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in 2 boards.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:26 PM   #33
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

2 boards here...
Old 10th March 2012, 09:43 AM   #34
tome is offline tome  Macedonia
diyAudio Member

I'm interested for 2 boards.
Old 10th March 2012, 12:04 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

2 boards
Old 10th March 2012, 02:34 PM   #36
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

One board depending on price. I'd like to see the BOM as well.

Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 05:27 PM   #37
Mfly is offline Mfly  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Nice to see there's plenty of interest in the PCB. This should make the price per board bearable.

Here's a preliminary BOM file:
SubwooferFilter_BOM_Mouser.zip

Remarks:
  • The total pricing of components excluding RCA connectors, speaker connectors, power supply and AC inlet (so basically the components to populate the board, including the switches) is about 70 euro's.
  • Use a bipolar power supply +/- 12V - 15V and transformer, with a current capability of a least 200mA. The op-amps use ~11mA/piece I think, the relay something similar at 15V, then there's the LED with about ~20mA, the relay driver and some miscellaneous current draw. I'll probably be using the TPA LCBPS with a 0,3A - 0,5A transformer.
  • Populating the board can be cheaper if you use cheaper components (especially cheaper switches)....
  • No components are selected in the BOM for equalizer, Linkwitz transform and rumble filter sections. Calculate these for your own situation with the tools provided in the earlier post. If you want to order a selection of components for multiple situations, have a look at the calculating tools to calculate some value ranges.
  • I will test the LFE sensing on breadboard to determine the base signal voltage and see if a transistor or mosfet driver is preferable (anyone experience with this / recommendation for this situation?)
  • If you want to use other components and have questions about lead spacing and component size, please send me a PM.

I will come up with preliminary pricing for the boards somewhere this week.

Cheers, Maarten
Old 11th March 2012, 05:36 PM   #38
akira is offline akira  France
diyAudio Member

interrested in two PCBs too.
Old 12th March 2012, 02:43 PM   #39
Mfly is offline Mfly  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I have looked into fabrication and quoting. Seems that several people have a fine experience with PCBCart. There is currently a minimum interest for 24 boards and a maximum for 33 boards. So we'll probably end up with an order for 30 - 40 boards.

This results in the following pricing:

For green soldermask, FR-4, 2mm board thickness, 70um tracing, 100x140mm, gold immersion boards:

30 boards: ~9,50 euro's/board (including import taxes and customs handling (if they use the correct codes etc.), excluding shipping to you guys)
40 boards: ~8,- euro's/board

If we want another color soldermask it adds another 0,5 - 1 euro per board.

Shipping from the Netherlands (indication, depends on final weight/board):

Countries in Europe:
1 board: 2,55
2-3 boards: 3,40
4-6 boards: 6,80

Other countries:
1 board: 2,85
2-3 boards: 5,70
4-6 boards: 10,45

I sent a PM to all members who expressed interest a while ago. I will wait a few days for their responses. After this I will ask everybody to make their final interest known and give you the details for ordering.

In the meantime I will clean up the component placing some more and probably add the possibility to use on board Alpha pots as well (901 series is currently out of stock at Mouser and won't be available till May).

I will also order the BOM from Mouser this week and will start breadboarding the LFE sensing. I would like to wrap up testing that before I order the boards.

Is everybody ok with standard green soldermask?
Old 12th March 2012, 02:52 PM   #40
Just DIY!
diyAudio Member

I totally hate green and red soldermask but this board will be hidden in the subwoofer so no worries!

I prefer black or white masks. Don't worry, this is just cosmetics... As long as the board performs well, I can't ask more!

Ciao!
Do

Hide this!Advertise here!