PCB order for Goldmun clone - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th October 2010, 04:26 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default surprise

Hi guys,

I hate that I am always right with troubles.
Still remember that I said about the gerber files? Last night alex send me his final design but not in gerber formats but in SPRINT format wtih the Sprint software (but just a demo version which I must say, not too much I can do with the data even if I know how to use the software). As far as I can interpret, he is asking me to to the final actions.

First, the demo version cannot save change or print present data nor can it export to files of other formats. Even if it can, I won't be able to learn how to do it within days. So any of you guys have a copy of the Sprint (not a demo and know how to use it) and can take care of this? I can only give the fab house gerbers which they can handle (it is their standard files for fabrication). If you could help, I would sent alex's data to you. Also, there may be a few minor changes.

I have been thinking of doing the design with my familiar software but the only thing is that my software is not able to generate a copper fill ground plane (or I don't know how to do that.)

I had sent the dimension of the small prot. board for quote. I should be able to finalize everything about the price by tomorrow or later today.

It would be nice if anyone can have any other suggestion to solve this.

So if anyone of you can help, please call me asap.
Old 15th October 2010, 03:03 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
(Chiming in for updates on this thread.)

I'm in for boards.

V~
Old 15th October 2010, 07:07 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Status of GB orders as of Oct 15 and final price as below :

No one can help with the Sprint files?

We have got enough orders but w/o the gerber files ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gb-10-10-15.pdf (57.8 KB, 588 views)
File Type: pdf final_price.pdf (32.3 KB, 438 views)
Old 15th October 2010, 07:11 PM   #14
Banned

bigpanda - I sent you an email regarding the Sprint Layout
Old 16th October 2010, 01:45 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Bigpanda,
I have a few questions. Since the board has big capacitors, is this possible to make it thicker? Also, what color are you going to use for the soldermask?
Thanks!
Old 16th October 2010, 05:46 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi ipolyakov,
I will use black solder mask. As for the thickness of the board : there is only 1 big pair of cap and is pretty close to the mechanical support. I don't think it is really necessary to do that (next quantum for thickness will be 2.0 mm). But if anyone is for this.... (it might be rather expensive for that thickness, so maybe enough is enough for that spec. This is the most expensive part).

Hi Norbert,
Tks for the 5.0, I am still fighting with it. Think I should be having some progress (although very slow) after the weekend (no weekend fun this week, staying home to kick some a**).

Hi Alex,
I hope you don't mind if I make some changes to your work.

Other participants :
Please check the status report if you had the right # of pairs ordered. Call me here if there is any change with your order. Also check if you can agree with the price. By next Tue, I will sent an email to your paypal a/c ID (not invoice for paypal a/c), to make sure I have the right paypal ID. Pray for me that I do not sacrifice my weekend for nothing.
Old 16th October 2010, 05:02 PM   #17
Banned

bigpanda and everyone else who's part of the group buy: I would prefer if the circuit boards had no masking of any kind. Especially on the top, the "Ground Plane." There will be all sorts of things soldered to it and it makes it significantly easier to work with if the board is not masked. Goldmund does not solder mask their board at all, the top nor the bottom. So I would prefer it if the boards were completely unmasked. What is everyone's thoughts?
Old 16th October 2010, 11:11 PM   #18
coit is offline coit  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagysAudio View Post
bigpanda and everyone else who's part of the group buy: I would prefer if the circuit boards had no masking of any kind. Especially on the top, the "Ground Plane." There will be all sorts of things soldered to it and it makes it significantly easier to work with if the board is not masked. Goldmund does not solder mask their board at all, the top nor the bottom. So I would prefer it if the boards were completely unmasked. What is everyone's thoughts?
I agree
Old 16th October 2010, 11:37 PM   #19
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by NagysAudio View Post
I dont see how it could possibly be easier to build this if the board is not masked?
Old 17th October 2010, 12:26 AM   #20
toufu is offline toufu  United States
diyAudio Member

Can i get two sets of each board and speaker prot?

Hide this!Advertise here!