• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB order for Goldmun clone

Hi guys

This GB has been setup for the Thread : "The Very Best Amplifier I Have Ever Heard!!!! " # 174468

Please make my work easier by leaving information as follow :

Subject : PCB order for Goldmun clone
Content : <forum ID>;<email address (paypal a/c)>;M-99;P-99

There might be still some uncertainty about the pcb. But the price will be right if no change in pcb size.

Cost for protection PCB estimate to be $8 (should not exceed $9)

Will post status everyday after Oct 15

Please note that the spec. for the board is here :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...plifier-i-have-ever-heard-10.html#post2321566

Post # 94

which status :

FR-4 1.6mm
Dimension : 162 x 87mm
Copper tk : 2 oz, tinned, single side with soldering mask
white silkscreen printing on component side

the Dimension has been updated to 205x88mm and it is now a double side pcb. Other spec stays the same.

New spec.

FR-4 1.6mm
Dimension : 205 x 88mm
Copper tk : 2 oz, tinned, double side with soldering mask
white silkscreen printing on component side

It is tin plated not "Electroless Nickel"

Please read before placing your order .

order format

Hi guys,

Please send your mail order as shown in attach screen dump.

copy and paste to subject of the email (skip quotes) :
"<-----PCB order for Goldmun clone----->"

Enter your information as in the screen dump.

Please help me work on this. My eyes cannot hold on any longer if I am to go thru all those emails to find yours. You can leave the paypal a/c for the time being but must key in your forum ID. No orders will be process w/o forum ID

Only information on orders in the emails. For other things, communicate thru seperate email or forum.

Attachments

• email-sample.JPG
    email-sample.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 6,715
Latest update on boards :

I am still waiting for Alex to give me the dimension for the protection board.

I have some problems with the gerber files for the pcb but I think Alex should be able to solve that.

Since Nagys has asked me about the finish of the copper, I asked my fab. house about that and they quote me that if I am asking for a "Electroless Nickel" finish, price for the main board goes up $1 / pair.

I had been using "tin plated" boards all along my past years and I do not have a clue if "Electroless Nickel" is any better.

Sorry, in Post#7 I quote :

Since Nagys has asked me about the finish of the copper, I asked my fab. house about that and they quote me that if I am asking for a "Electroless Nickel" finish, price for the main board goes up $1 / pair.

The increase for "Electroless Nickel" finish is $1 / pcs not pair. My apology for my carelessness.

surprise

Hi guys,

I hate that I am always right with troubles.
Still remember that I said about the gerber files? Last night alex send me his final design but not in gerber formats but in SPRINT format wtih the Sprint software (but just a demo version which I must say, not too much I can do with the data even if I know how to use the software). As far as I can interpret, he is asking me to to the final actions.

First, the demo version cannot save change or print present data nor can it export to files of other formats. Even if it can, I won't be able to learn how to do it within days. So any of you guys have a copy of the Sprint (not a demo and know how to use it) and can take care of this? I can only give the fab house gerbers which they can handle (it is their standard files for fabrication). If you could help, I would sent alex's data to you. Also, there may be a few minor changes.

I have been thinking of doing the design with my familiar software but the only thing is that my software is not able to generate a copper fill ground plane (or I don't know how to do that.)

I had sent the dimension of the small prot. board for quote. I should be able to finalize everything about the price by tomorrow or later today.

It would be nice if anyone can have any other suggestion to solve this.

So if anyone of you can help, please call me asap.

Hi ipolyakov,
I will use black solder mask. As for the thickness of the board : there is only 1 big pair of cap and is pretty close to the mechanical support. I don't think it is really necessary to do that (next quantum for thickness will be 2.0 mm). But if anyone is for this.... (it might be rather expensive for that thickness, so maybe enough is enough for that spec. This is the most expensive part).

Hi Norbert,
Tks for the 5.0, I am still fighting with it. Think I should be having some progress (although very slow) after the weekend (no weekend fun this week, staying home to kick some a**).

Hi Alex,
I hope you don't mind if I make some changes to your work.

Other participants :
Please check the status report if you had the right # of pairs ordered. Call me here if there is any change with your order. Also check if you can agree with the price. By next Tue, I will sent an email to your paypal a/c ID (not invoice for paypal a/c), to make sure I have the right paypal ID. Pray for me that I do not sacrifice my weekend for nothing.

bigpanda and everyone else who's part of the group buy: I would prefer if the circuit boards had no masking of any kind. Especially on the top, the "Ground Plane." There will be all sorts of things soldered to it and it makes it significantly easier to work with if the board is not masked. Goldmund does not solder mask their board at all, the top nor the bottom. So I would prefer it if the boards were completely unmasked. What is everyone's thoughts?

bigpanda and everyone else who's part of the group buy: I would prefer if the circuit boards had no masking of any kind. Especially on the top, the "Ground Plane." There will be all sorts of things soldered to it and it makes it significantly easier to work with if the board is not masked. Goldmund does not solder mask their board at all, the top nor the bottom. So I would prefer it if the boards were completely unmasked. What is everyone's thoughts?

I agree

I dont see how it could possibly be easier to build this if the board is not masked?