diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/)
-   -   John Linsley Hood Ripple Eater - Part 2 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/173448-john-linsley-hood-ripple-eater-part-2-a.html)

AlanElsdon 12th September 2010 01:52 PM

John Linsley Hood Ripple Eater - Part 2

There is still a great deal of interest being shown by people who would like to buy the JLH Ripple Eater boards, the first GB has been sold out for some time so I have talked to JonClancey about setting up a second GB.

The new GB will be exactly the same as the first except a different charity will receive all of the 'profits', the board will have some minor changes and I will be running it instead of Jon :(

As you may have seen in the original GB Jon is trying to keep the Mirror sites running with the three documents. These documents will be changed to show the above points - especially who to contact - me!

It will take me a few days to get organized but I wanted to start this thread so that Jon can have a rest after all his much appreciated efforts.

Alan

kaoko 12th September 2010 09:46 PM

Thanks Alan,
let us know when the board and parts arrive.

sandyK 12th September 2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoko (Post 2301024)
Thanks Alan,
let us know when the board and parts arrive.

kaoko

It is now 11PM in the U.K. so you may not get a reply for a while.

The previous GB was for PCB ONLY, as I expect this GB will also be.
You will need to source the components yourself.

SandyK

DaveK 12th September 2010 10:22 PM

Hi Alan,
Can I just express my interest in this GB - I anticipate buying one and it may well be 2 or 3.
Thanks for your efforts - are you yet able to indicate your chosen charity?
Cheers,
Dave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanElsdon (Post 2300574)
There is still a great deal of interest being shown by people who would like to buy the JLH Ripple Eater boards, the first GB has been sold out for some time so I have talked to JonClancey about setting up a second GB.

The new GB will be exactly the same as the first except a different charity will receive all of the 'profits', the board will have some minor changes and I will be running it instead of Jon :(

As you may have seen in the original GB Jon is trying to keep the Mirror sites running with the three documents. These documents will be changed to show the above points - especially who to contact - me!

It will take me a few days to get organized but I wanted to start this thread so that Jon can have a rest after all his much appreciated efforts.

Alan

kaoko 12th September 2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyK (Post 2301036)
kaoko

It is now 11PM in the U.K. so you may not get a reply for a while.

The previous GB was for PCB ONLY, as I expect this GB will also be.
You will need to source the components yourself.

SandyK

Sorry, but what is GB?
I would be "happy" to source the components myself as long as I could at least get the "motherboard" where all the caps/resistors/components are being soldered.
Regards

AlanElsdon 13th September 2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoko (Post 2301060)
Sorry, but what is GB?
I would be "happy" to source the components myself as long as I could at least get the "motherboard" where all the caps/resistors/components are being soldered.
Regards

Hi - GB stands for Group Buy and this one is only for the board.

kaoko 13th September 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanElsdon (Post 2301372)
Hi - GB stands for Group Buy and this one is only for the board.

I do not fully get it.
So once this board becomes available, would I be able to buy it?
I am not member of any groups or boards.

sandyK 13th September 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoko (Post 2301505)
I do not fully get it.
So once this board becomes available, would I be able to buy it?
I am not member of any groups or boards.

kaoko
Yes, you will be able to buy it.
A Group Buy, means they are purchased on behalf of a group of members, and the much higher number of PCBs purchased from the supplier results in much cheaper prices for individuals.The person who organises the Group Buy will receive all the PCBs on completion, and then post them out to the individual purchaser after he pays via PayPal.

SandyK

kaoko 13th September 2010 12:37 PM

Thanks SandyK........this suits me and will definitely order 2 or more.
Anybody knows the sound difference in DACs or CD players?
Thanks

sandyK 13th September 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaoko (Post 2301534)
Thanks SandyK........this suits me and will definitely order 2 or more.
Anybody knows the sound difference in DACs or CD players?
Thanks

kaoko
I use several in my modified Silicon Chip magazine DAC. +-15V for Analogue of the DAC PCB, ,and 2 x +5V,
One is used for +5V of the PCM1796, and another for +5V to the Input PCB))
They make a very worthwhile improvement.
I am however using the original dual version PCBs.
Alex