John Linsley Hood Ripple Eater - Part 2 - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st July 2012, 12:32 PM   #191
DaveK is offline DaveK  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg66 View Post
i'll take a couple (please)!!
Me too will take two . Thought I'd posted this once but can't see it so if it reappears I only want two (2) .
Dave.
Old 1st July 2012, 02:46 PM   #192
diyAudio Member

Have a look in the DIY section at Rock Grotto. The next edition is under discussion - yet to be finalised. I'm currently busy with work and other projects, so no GB on the near horizon at the moment (unless someone else undertakes it).
Old 1st July 2012, 09:43 PM   #193
sandyK is offline sandyK  Australia
diyAudio Member

As Jon says, there are presently no plans for another GB.
For those who are capable of etching a PCB, there is full information at the link I provided in post 190. The design there is for a DUAL PCB which is capable of being used for a + and - supply , or 2 supplies of the same polarity, provided that the appropiate devices are used, and capacitor orientation is corrected if need be.I posted that additional information in response to a PM from DaveK .

SandyK
Old 1st February 2013, 02:30 PM   #194
diyAudio Member

All,

Please keep an eye out over in the Rock Grotto DIY section. I'll be listing a very limited number of dual boards very soon.

ATB

Jon
Old 23rd April 2013, 03:44 PM   #195
diyAudio Member

Default Greg's Web Site down ?

Hi Sandyk,
Is Greg's Web Site down or is the link faulty ?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyK View Post
RE JLH PSU Add-on.
As a matter of interest, if they are preceded by 3A regulators such as the MC78T05, and MC78T12 with the Current Limiter section bypassed, and the regulators are doing the current limiting instead , they will work well at +12V 2A and +5V 2A. For best performance at +5V, or even as low as +3.3V, the 10K resistor should be replaced by a Current regulating diode such as the J506 (1.4mA nominal), or a selected FET such as the 2N5484 with Gate and Source tied.
For use with the current limiter section, the main electros should be 2 x 2,200uF in parallel. A 2,200uf 10V low ESR, and a normal 2,200uF is recommended for a neutral sound with Audio.
If used with the Current Limiter section bypassed, a 4,700uF 10V low ESR and a 4,700uF
16V normal type is O.K. too. This is what I am using with a +12v 2A and +5V 2A PSU.
With the CL section bypassed, the voltage drop wil only be several mV due to the copper traces of the PCB tracks, and this will depend on the current being drawn.
At voltages higher than 20V, the CL transistor and the transistor with the 33 ohm emitter resistor should be fitted with small heatsinks.
Further information can be found at Greg Erskine's web site.
Sandyk

Greg's Web Site (Click on Power Supplies.)
Old 23rd April 2013, 05:12 PM   #196
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcamera View Post
Any chance of resurrecting this for those of us that missed out first time around?
Well, I have four boards that I won't be using now. If anyone is interested let me know, I'd feel much happier if they were being used.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:43 PM   #197
sandyK is offline sandyK  Australia
diyAudio Member

Carz
No, Greg's website isn't down, and the link in your PM worked fine just now.
If you need further information , email Greg or myself and we will be able to reply with any diagrams etc. attached.
Regards
Alex
Old 27th April 2013, 04:13 PM   #198
Crom is offline Crom  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworktent View Post
Well, I have four boards that I won't be using now. If anyone is interested let me know, I'd feel much happier if they were being used.
Just to say thank you very much to Clockworktent. I've just received the 2 ripple eater boards I bought from him and I'm off to find some ripple to chew on!
Old 29th May 2013, 12:44 AM   #199
r6578 is offline r6578  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Just to say thank you very much to Clockworktent. I've just received the 2 ripple eater boards I bought from him and I'm off to find some ripple to chew on!

Me, too. Bring them on!
Thanks, Clockworktent, for all your troubles sending boards Down Under!

Hide this!Advertise here!