DX Blame Group Buy - Page 30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th March 2011, 05:35 PM   #291
diyAudio Member

Hi Rudi,

I end up decide to order 10pcs, 5 or 6 mono block for my AV system, 4 maybe a trail of full balance mono block, so please resever 10pcs for me.

I refer red and gold as your previous version.

By the way, confirm me once you receive the postage.

P.S. Since I am not log-in fequently, plus I may need to travel a lot for business trip, so please contact me via email, I will email you my email, thanks.
Old 11th March 2011, 01:30 PM   #292
diyAudio Member

I have been asked, where and how to connect the speakers' wires.

Have a look into the Builder's Manual, page 26, please:

Click the image to open in full size.

Connect the AMP's speaker's output to either the relay input of the LSProt PCB (in case you have bought it as well)
or directly to the speaker's input connector.

In case you have also bought the PSU PCB, connect a speaker's return wire to a connector, marked with a green "star"
(this is the "Starground area") on the PSU's PCB (see the image above, the blue wire).
In case you did not order my PSU PCB, do it the same with your own PSU.

If you have 2 PSU PCBs (Dual-monoblock design), each channel has its own PSU and starground, that does not interfere with the other one.

If you drive the AMP's 2 channels from one PSU, make sure to connect both speaker's return wires to the PSU's starground.

In case you have a metal case (I do not have) and want an ellectrically required and proven Protect Earth connection as well:
drill a hole into the bottom plate of your case and run a thick wire(s) from a starground-connector to this hole and bolt it together with the PE wire.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Last edited by Rudi_Ratlos; 11th March 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12th March 2011, 09:02 AM   #293
diyAudio Member

Dear DX Blame friends,

those of you, who are going to build the SuperCharged version of the DX Blame and will equip it with one or two transformers rated at > 500 (!) Watts totally,
may also want to have a "Soft-Power-On" circuit, that prevents the fuses to be blown due to the high inrush current, that flows,
when you turn you big transformers on.

Here is what you need.

Connect the "hot" wire of your 115VAC resp. 220 VAC mains voltage to Pin 4 of connector X1 and the return wire of the mains to Pin 1 of connector X2.
Connect your transformers to Pins 1-3 of connector X1 resp. Pins 2-4 of connector X2.

The hot wire is connected to connector X3 as well. Insert a switch between the 2 poles of connector X3.
This switch can be a very small, nice-looking one, being capable to switch 220V/250 mA.
This is the switch to turn your AMP on.

The onboard-transformer is a EI30 type, 12 VAC/250mA.

Its output is regulated by a 7812 voltage regulator.
As soon as the 7812 shows 12 VDC at its output, relay K1 (Omron G6C-117P) switches on, and the current is flowing through 2 thermistors
with a total resistance of 44 Ohms, thus delimiting the inrush current to the transformers to about 5A.
(In case you are operating from a 115VAC mains voltage, take 2 thermistors of 10 Ohms each).

The 7812 voltage regulator also provides the voltage for a LM555 timer, that triggers its output at pin 3, as soon as the delay,
defined by R1/C1, has passed.
Then relay K2 will be switched on as well, bypassing the thermistors, and the current can flow without any limitation.

I used 100K/10µF as R1/C1, giving a delay time of about 1 sec.
This time is big enough for the transformers to get "settled", and you do no more be afraid, that any fuse in your house will be blown.

I am using this circuit since several months.

I append the PDF - solder side of the circuit to this post, so you can either etch it yourself or ask an etching company in your country,
if you want to have a "Soft-Power-On-Delay" - PCB.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPO_brd.pdf (11.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 12th March 2011, 09:21 AM   #294
diyAudio Member

Sorry,

I missed to insert a text on the solder side, so you know about the direction of the solder side layout.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPO_brd.pdf (12.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 12th March 2011, 10:15 AM   #295
diyAudio Member

Rudi,also for me two amp boards that is the new one with rectifier and caps onboard

Last edited by meanman1964; 12th March 2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:28 AM   #296
diyAudio Member

The current status:

@HotChocolate (CafeNoir): may I have your votes, please?

Old 12th March 2011, 10:30 AM   #297
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Rudi, not so bad but I have a couple remarks.

1 Traces to close to the screwholes, > 8 mm

2 Why don't you swap the primary connections for the transformers?

3 Fater traces for the 230 V nets. Do you plan to use 70 or 105 um copper?

4 It's rather unnecessary to feed the relays with stabilized voltage.

5 The BC557 doesn't need a jumper. Move the 4k7 and let this part be jumper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ikm2kcki_pax.jpg (71.9 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by peranders; 12th March 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:37 AM   #298
diyAudio Member

Default Rudi, two 350 watts transformers or a single one

able to sustain 700 watts will be better.

This amplifier is informed as a 100/200 watts power amplifiers... and this was made this way in combination with the power supply, a 350 watts transformer will be the limiting factor that will protect output power transistors (only two pairs used to save folks money, to be cheap, to be simple).

If people use 500 watts transformer to each channel, (for instance), the amplifier will be able to put out 65 percent of this power...or something around 330 watts in 4 ohms if the listener tolerate a little distortion.

Power transistors will be forced to work into their limits...and people, sometimes, driver their amplifier hard.... this may damage the amplifier if the guy insert a sustained level of square waves, distorted music from heavy metal guitars or other modern sustained music that is already distorted in the master and added to amplifier distortions at high levels will drive the machine too hard.

I have already measured this power...the amplifier really does that... to limit that huge power, and because my bad L shape adaptors i am using a single 550 watts power transformer...but a 700 watts can be used too.

I do suggest people, to be in the safest side, to bougth two 350 watts transformers or a single 700 watts transformer.

Because of modern music, i do believe people tolerate much more distortion that i had in my imagination ten years ago.... this amplifier with moderate distortions can really put out a lot of watts...a loosen speaker wire will have arcs of voltage jumping from the wire to the connector... and this is a litle bit dangerous....my transformer ratio is conservative and made that way on purpose and premeditated to allow us to use only two pairs in the output.

This power amplifier, cannot operate 2 ohms and not even 3 ohms......users must check their speakers...i have tested with some crazy ones here and i felt the amplifier was beeing forced into the limits when the speaker has some dips, or valleys of impedance because of passive crossovers or the speaker itself and have drops of impedance in some frequency.

I do think i may be a good idea to cut off board to allow people to assemble power transistor direct to the heatsink, to avoid thermal resistance to heat transference.

Please folks, substitute both VAS transistors by MJE15032 to 55 volts models and to BD139 to 35 volts models...keep the 220 ohms first VAS emitter resistance and increase 33 ohms rail resistance wattage to 1 watt...install heatsinks in both VAS transistors to the 55 volts model (Supercharged)

Nice circuit Rudi.

regards,

Carlos
Old 12th March 2011, 10:39 AM   #299
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Excuse me to butt in but I might arrange a group buy if you guys are interested my softstart.Click the image to open in full size.

The difference between Rudi's and my design is that I don't use a transformer and the delay can't be so long as with a 555 but 600 ms is sufficient for most applications. My design is also "hot", lethal to touch, always.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:43 AM   #300
diyAudio Member

Default Nice board Peranders...i do think he already have a circuit

but for sure yours are beautifull.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!