• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DX Blame Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Carlos Mergulhao's DX Blame is one of the best sounding AMPs I have ever listened to.

You can refer to its history in the thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...into-blameless-i-am-trying-new-amplifier.html

There are 2 versions of the DX Blame:

1 - the DX Blame ST - the "stable", officially aprroved version with an incomparably beautiful sound
2 - the DX Blame ES - the initial version, not approved by Carlos, since it is not stable under all conditions but playing with even more emotions

I was one of the first to build the DX Blame, drawing the PCB with MS Paint, and was so attracted by its sound that I asked METAL to layout
a PCB for the DX Blame in a professional manner and distribute the PCBs to our DIY friends.

This is the result:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A dream in red and gold that will support both the ST and the ES - Version of the DX Blame.
The size of the PCB is 114 x 148 mm.

My initial PCB - order was exhausted in a couple of days.
Since I haved received several inquiries concerning the availability of the DX Blame PCBs I will start a 2nd round group buy now.

The price for two PCBs is 28€, packaging (foam coated DIN A5 - letter) and shipping (worldwide) included.
Payment will be done via PAYPAL to my e-mail address.

All boards will be shipped by airmail, with no tracking and no insurance and I cannot assume responsibility for lost packages.

The price stated above implies that more than 30 PCBs will be ordered.

I will also be able to provide you a speaker protection PCB:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

for about 5€ per PCB.

I am sorry METAL and I did not layout a PSU in the same design.
If there is a considerable demand for a PSU we will make it.

I will provide a BoM for both the DX BlameST and DX BlameES and will provide an assembly instruction guide.

I will keep the Forum's nicknames of those who are interested in this thread.

Finally an image of one of METAL's assembled PCBs:

Be sure: the DX Blame is an AMP you will keep for the rest of your life.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Crown Jewels will be interesting...i think you may kill some myths

Very good....more than good...this is excellent....means evolution.

If crown jewels result better.... then no more doubts about these parts...if different..also an evolution for all of us.

I have made some tests...i had not enormous quantity of special parts..but i felt absolutelly nothing...felt myself strange while watching my image in the mirror.:confused:

regards,

Carlos

Concerning the PSU PCB:

I am currently discussing with METAL what I can offer you as PSU PCB.

I have 2 choices:

1) I can either offer you a "simple" PSU PCB bought from a German distributor for the price of 5.90€:

2) I can layout a PCB following the design of Carlos' "Universal PSU" as illustrated on Greg's Web Site, having the same quality and design (red / gold) as the AMP PCBs.

Give me a day or two to evaluate the price for Carlos' PSU PCB.

Last edited:
I would not call this "fashion", Chlorofille,

I call it "quality" - that will please your eyes and ears and makes you proud to be the owner of it.
The same applies to this one:

Leave your SLK McLaren in the garage and listen to the DX Blame.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.