Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 03:53 PM   #41
Atilla is offline Atilla  Norway
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanks, looks like I can get a set from there. Those caps are indeed the perfect fit for this board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:26 AM   #42
diyAudio Member
 
dvb projekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Willich, Germany
Blog Entries: 38
Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
Got the caps today

Click the image to open in full size.

I will try to dispatch all orders till tomorrow.


Oliver
__________________
Reference TDA1541A DAC project PCBs / Tube-I-zator PCB / SSHV-Shunt PCB
Stock status in my Blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:43 PM   #43
diyAudio Member
 
dvb projekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Willich, Germany
Blog Entries: 38
Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
Click the image to open in full size.

Fits quite good
__________________
Reference TDA1541A DAC project PCBs / Tube-I-zator PCB / SSHV-Shunt PCB
Stock status in my Blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:16 PM   #44
Marra is offline Marra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Near Lincoln
The perfect fit Oliver.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:20 PM   #45
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Carolina
Oliver,

Those are just beautiful. I've got 8 coming my way, yippee!

I've often thought about cutting the traces between the + section of the 4700uf caps and throwing in chokes with very low DCR. What say you Salas?

Anand.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:24 PM   #46
diyAudio Member
 
dvb projekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Willich, Germany
Blog Entries: 38
Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
dvb-projekt - 4 pcs.
janpo - 4 pcs.
sandbasser - 4 pcs.
CeeVee - 4 pcs.
number9 - 4 pcs.
CxTurbo - 4 pcs.
Marra - 8 pcs.
merlin2069er - 4 pcs.
AlanElsdon - 4 pcs.
nycavsr2000 - 8pcs.


All orders are dispatched!
__________________
Reference TDA1541A DAC project PCBs / Tube-I-zator PCB / SSHV-Shunt PCB
Stock status in my Blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:30 PM   #47
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
Oliver,

Those are just beautiful. I've got 8 coming my way, yippee!

I've often thought about cutting the traces between the + section of the 4700uf caps and throwing in chokes with very low DCR. What say you Salas?

Anand.
If they are uH value and compact to solder underneath its OK for cutting very high frequency gremlins from the diodes. If big like speaker coils, will need cabling that will widen the loop area making it more of an antenna and may offset the benefit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:38 PM   #48
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
If they are uH value and compact to solder underneath its OK for cutting very high frequency gremlins from the diodes. If big like speaker coils, will need cabling that will widen the loop area making it more of an antenna and may offset the benefit.
Gotcha. I decided against it, since most of the chokes I have looked at that have a low DCR are too big, and the ones which have a high DCR are too small from a uH standpoint.

Better to just use a good common differential choke in the AC line in which is what I will do (as I do in most of my dac or preamp projects). Something like Audio Circle's Felix filter.

Anand.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:39 PM   #49
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator
 
Salas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens-Greece
Sounds like a good plan.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:49 PM   #50
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Athens
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycavsr2000 View Post
Gotcha. I decided against it, since most of the chokes I have looked at that have a low DCR are too big, and the ones which have a high DCR are too small from a uH standpoint.

Better to just use a good common differential choke in the AC line in which is what I will do (as I do in most of my dac or preamp projects). Something like Audio Circle's Felix filter.

Anand.
Maybe these look like a good choice:


http://industrial.panasonic.com/www-...AEL0000CE7.pdf
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build wendell c Analog Line Level 3978 13th April 2014 03:52 PM
Mundorf M-Lytic and Silver-in-Oil Capacitors kmtang Tubes / Valves 19 4th January 2011 06:58 AM
Pair of Mundorf M-Lytic Si 10,000uF 50V (UK) nad Swap Meet 1 20th January 2010 08:57 PM
FS: Black Gate "F" and "Nonpolar" caps gripracer Swap Meet 3 10th December 2009 07:31 PM
What makes Nichicon "muse"/"for audio" caps different ? percy Parts 2 3rd October 2009 05:53 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2