• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: New run Lynx 3.01 amp by Jan Dupont

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for every "circuit" that has a flow and return route then the pair of flow and return must have a low loop area to minimise pick up of interference from other noisy sources and to minimise the radiation of interference from this circuit.

Where the flow and return involve three wires (as in a dual polarity supply to an amplifier), all three wires must be formed into a triplet with low loop area.

Twisted is the easiest way to achieve low loop area and low interference with wiring.
Parallel close space traces on a PCB achieve similar.

Hi Andrew...I typically braid the power wires to the power stage. In my latest designs of cases I managed to keep the wires from the power caps to the power stage below 7cm.

I also made a pass X350 and used an L shaped aluminium bracket of 150 x 100 mm and 10mm thick to couple the power stage to the heatsink. . On top I mounted the power stage and on the other side the power cap PCB. I ran the wires through the bracket and kept the wires under 3cm. At the same time I had the speaker terminals close by as well. The L-shaped bracket is also used as groundplane as the 2 L shapes are interconnected at the star ground.
When driving loads under 2 ohms, this arrangement is key...especially when currents of over 20A were observed.

Boards for sale

Hi,

I have a pair of these boards (Lynx ver 3.01) for sale.

I'm selling because I 've bitten more than I can chew. I was building a P3A (Rod Elliott) and didn't realize how much power this really is - 150/275/450 @ 8/4/2 ohms
I'm very happy with the P3A. The cost of the heat-sinks, case, transformer here in India may net be worth the trouble, not to add the difficulty of getting the 16 transistors required.

I paid 17Euro each (42 for the pair with shipping) and have a stereo pair for sale.

Please see links for additional info.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/118469-official-lynx-power-amp-builder-s-thread.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.