• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This DAC sounds amazing! I've spent the last week rediscovering my whole music collection. The detailed highs are incredible! I really wasn't expecting such an amazing low end. The way it brings out bass clarity and depth is fantastic. Truly brilliant.

I think it has outpaced my amp. My next project will most likely be a new 2 channel amp. I haven't decided on tube or transistor yet.

It is quite costly to build however. I think the power supply section could be greatly simplified thanks to the Salas shunt regulator. I found no difference at all in my testing on the power supply between polyester film caps and the more expensive polypropylene variety. Each rail could be reduced from 15 caps to 2 or 3 large value caps. Also the number of boards could (should) be reduced.

But at least it looks impressive and you can impress your friends!

Excellent new Robots :)

Now do yourself a favour and get the HV Salas Shunt module to supply the 6N2P output tubes ;)

Alon

Hello to all
I did found out some bad cd's (80-85) and some files on hard disk , it never came out before thanks to this DAC's sensifty , i did the building for more than 3 monts because of spreading costs but used the bom- component's.
Compare USB -from PC -Asusboard with spdif :DD's spdif (CS8414!!for the sound, i like this chip a lot)interface and dig-out Marantz cd50 and all sort of soundfile's. Moviesound from PC- dvdfiles came out best ( ac3 to 16 bit)

Greetings to all 1541 lover's
Ton

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oliver, looking at your current setup, it seems you are using both the X2 for USB input and the Twister Pear + buffer for SPDIF input. These seem to be powered from the same regulator. As they have different clock speeds, there will be noise on the power lines from the X2 when the TP is used (and the other way around).

Wouldnt it make sense to add a relay to switch power to EITHER X2 or TP (based on the same switch used to switch the I2S signal), so that only the one you use is getting power?

Now i have tested it :)
The result is, that i need an additional +5V Salas shunt for the TP & HSB :p
If i run only the X2 on the shunt, it sounds much better!

WOW!!! Congratulations Oliver...That PSU looks AMAZING!!!

Cant wait to hear how it sounds :)

Alon

Alon, what should i say... I listen now for one hour with my main titles and it is

sooooo tremendous good

with the 2nd SSHV and the Tube rectifier circuit...:cloud9:

I thought i was at the limit, but this blow me out of my chair :D

Alon, what should i say... I listen now for one hour with my main titles and it is

sooooo tremendous good

Cant you use a relay to cut of power to one of the other ( tp or x2) when you're not using it? Saves you another shunt.

By the way, good to see a guy so pleased with his work :)

sooooo tremendous good

Looks like I had better start saving for parts ;)
I already have some of the 100uf Mundorf tube-caps :)

Surely you could also use a relays, but i like those shunts that much :D

:D Frankly... So do I...

Speaking of which: Has somebody on the forum already succeeded in converting a - shunt to a + shunt?

I have a nice empty negative shunt circuit available on a pcb, but I need a positive one, and space is getting tight... maybe there are some lines I can cut and other I can make (yes, I could also spend some time looking at the board, but just wondering whether somebody has already done it..:rolleyes:.)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Personal announcement

Well my friends it is time to say again thanks to all of you, who like and ordered my pcb´s.

Because i am no developer of electronic circuits but have the knowledge to design pcb´s,
i wanted to give something back to the community.

Since i started with my 1st pcb, the Optical-Volume-Control on 15th October 2009,
a small donation from every sold pcb goes to diyaudio.com

Today i am proud to say that your :grouphug: cumulated donation achieve

:worship: $ 2.175 :worship:

Keep on having fun with my pcb´s and best regards

Oliver

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Pedja Rogic´s Discrete Diamond Non-Feedback I/V Stage

For all of you who want an alternative non-tube I/V stage,
Pedja Rogic was so kind and permit me to make a pcb with his circuit.

To get a smaller pcb, i made two connectors for the needed big 10µF caps.

Let´s see if we could start another GB.

:wave:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The PCB will have the following data:

Material: FR4 - 2mm
Layers: 2
Board size: 110x95 mm
Surface finish: Immersion Gold
Copper weight: 70µm
Soldermask: Both sides - green
Silkscreen: Legend on top

The price will be:

Pedja Rogic DDNF I/V Module: $ 16

Worldwide shipping: $ 9
Europe shipping: $ 5
paypal fee: 3,9%

A donation of $3 USD to diyAudio will be done for every pcb sold.

Attachments

• Pedja Rogic DDNF IV Stage.pdf
    71 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
To power up the DDNF I/V pcb, i am also thinking of a small psu module.
This should go in front of the TDA1541A shunt module for the 3 voltage lines.

On it the transformer (e.g. Hammond 229 Series), rectifier and caps.
My idea is to use a 229D24 (24V/2A), 3 separate rectified and filtered lines for each of the Salas shunt´s (set to 3*200mA).

Any other ideas for that psu module?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.