"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture - Page 61 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Surface Finish for future PCBs
ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold 60 46.51%
Immersion Silver 36 27.91%
Immersion Tin 18 13.95%
OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives 15 11.63%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th April 2011, 06:18 PM   #601
diyAudio Member

Transformer problem solved... turned out my DMM was malfunctioning! What are the odds of that??

I actually got some sort of output now from the TDA using a 75ohm resistor to gnd yesterday, but it was horribly distorted. A sine wave from a test CD looked like a square signal, but something was moving.

I just tried again, and let it play for some minutes and after a while .......... a NICE CLEAN SIGNAL APPEARED !!!!

Victory at last! This weekend I will rig up an output stage, and then I will finally get this baby going!

Needless to say, I am pretty pleased with this!
Old 14th April 2011, 06:25 PM   #602
diyAudio Member

And while I am at it, I want to take this opportunity to thank Oliver for the Sunday morning session 2 weeks ago at his place. He mentioned it was his honour driving him, and he spent considerable time getting my dac boards going! So thanks to Oliver!!

It turned out that the problem in my boards were the small inductors on the board. These had (maybe through soldering, maybe through transport) stopped functioning. So this is one to check first if your board doesnt work, and avoid some sleepness nights
Old 14th April 2011, 06:33 PM   #603
Malka07 is offline Malka07  England
diyAudio Member

Hey StudioStevus,

Glad you found the problem and finally got it working

Looking forward to your views on it

Alon
Old 14th April 2011, 06:59 PM   #604
diyAudio Member

Default Finally

Hi Studiostevus, yes really good to hear that your baby is on the way to be a perfect DAC. Congratulations!

Ernst
Old 15th April 2011, 04:59 AM   #605
noizas is offline noizas  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Hi Studiostevus

it is nice to hear you have solved you issues succesfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiostevus View Post
Transformer problem solved... turned out my DMM was malfunctioning! What are the odds of that??
Because I still have my shunt regulator unsolved, it is interesting to know how you solved the transformer problem? Does high voltage input really influence on too high output or here was something else?

Quote:
I just tried again, and let it play for some minutes and after a while .......... a NICE CLEAN SIGNAL APPEARED !!!!
Now you will be happier and happier every day next week at least - I have experience that TDA1541 is going to "burn in". So be patient please...
For example my double crown was going onto it's real sound more than one month! I was playing mine Philips CD 960 at least few hours per day.

Quote:

Victory at last! This weekend I will rig up an output stage, and then I will finally get this baby going!
Best wishes for your weekend!
Will wait for review on your DAC.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:05 PM   #606
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizas View Post
Hi Studiostevus

it is nice to hear you have solved you issues succesfully

Because I still have my shunt regulator unsolved, it is interesting to know how you solved the transformer problem? Does high voltage input really influence on too high output or here was something else?

Now you will be happier and happier every day next week at least - I have experience that TDA1541 is going to "burn in". So be patient please...
For example my double crown was going onto it's real sound more than one month! I was playing mine Philips CD 960 at least few hours per day.

Best wishes for your weekend!
Will wait for review on your DAC.
There was actually nothing wrong with the transformer. Just my DMM was very consistent in displaying 46% more voltage than it actually measured. Hence, I thought it was 17V while it was a nice 12V. For the same reason I turned down the shunts until the DMM read 6V and I couldnt get lower than that. In reality they were giving only 4V...

So with a new DMM I could turn up the shunts, fiddle around a bit more, and voila!
Old 17th April 2011, 08:03 AM   #607
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
To have a central place for all informations of my project,
you could look into my
Blog.

Here you find also the actual stock status of the specific modules.

Old 17th April 2011, 01:50 PM   #608
diyAudio Member

Default Impressions on the DAC board mod...

The bypass mod on the DAC board is complete and I agree with the other posts that it made a positive difference in my system.

While the detail improved, the biggest change for me was the soundstage clarity (defined spaces for instruments and voices) and "analog smoothness". Unbelieveably good......
Old 19th April 2011, 11:19 AM   #609
diyAudio Member

Hello I a'm new to this forum.
I never thought i be still building DAC's at the age of 61.
I used D.D. spdiff and for USB i used from DAC's - www.pcm63.com - All For High Quality Audio DIY they have a USB
entry for just 15 dollar!!! both the entry's play without a buffer.
Sound is good, best i heard all my live!!
Old 20th April 2011, 02:11 PM   #610
diyAudio Member

Guys, good news.

We have lift-off!! I now also got my Pedja Rogic i/v stage going, and I finally (after 9 months) have music out of this thing.

... now happily burning in ...

Hide this!Advertise here!