• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Oliver,

Will my DC coupled B1 buffer powered by a Salas shunt reg work as an output stage? It is a unity gain, impedance correcting buffer based on 2SK170s. It would be positioned in the pre-amp, the next box down from the DAC in my system.

If so, what do I really need to build a DAC with USB and optical inputs?

1. A teralink converter,
2. A Power supply board,
3. Main Shunt reg board
4. DAC module board

Is that it, discounting box, components etc.?

Many thanks
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

i am building the DCB1 blue version at the moment :)

Additional you need an I/V output stage e.g. like my Tube-I-zator module or the new I/V stage from ecdesigns (see attached picture). The DCB1 comes after this stage.

So you need:

2x +/- Power Supply Modules (+5V, -5V, -15V)
1x TDA1541A shunt module
1x I/V output stage
1x Teralink X2 module (only USB input)
1x SPDIF to I2S module e.g. from Twisted Pear Audio with additional Toslink module

Best regards,
Oliver

Attachments

• screen-capture.jpg
    screen-capture.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 974
Hi Lucas,

i am building the DCB1 blue version at the moment :)

Additional you need an I/V output stage e.g. like my Tube-I-zator module or the new I/V stage from ecdesigns (see attached picture). The DCB1 comes after this stage.

So you need:

2x +/- Power Supply Modules (+5V, -5V, -15V)
1x TDA1541A shunt module
1x I/V output stage
1x Teralink X2 module (only USB input)
1x SPDIF to I2S module e.g. from Twisted Pear Audio with additional Toslink module

Best regards,
Oliver

Do you mean that I need 2 of your power supply boards, or does one board contain both?

I'm assembling parts for this design pending arrival of the PCBs but can't readily source the Kiwame 220K, 5W resistors. I can get 200R and 240R. Would either be an acceptable substitute?

Neither can I find and 270uF 16VW Sanyo OsCon caps. Can anyone recommend a UK distributor without the usual min. order penalties?

Apologies for any trouble and thanks in advance . . .

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I'm assembling parts for this design pending arrival of the PCBs but can't readily source the Kiwame 220K, 5W resistors. I can get 200R and 240R. Would either be an acceptable substitute?

You could use any 5W resistor with a value around 220K for the bleeder resistor.

If you use a smaller value, the caps discharge a bit quicker if you power off.

Hificollective have the 200K and 240K in stock.

Best,
Oliver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.