• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again, just thought I'd let you all know my dac is singing nicely now.

It does have one issue though. I'm running i2s out of the digital filter (saa7220) in my cd94 into the dac housed in a separate case. The problem is the bitclock on pin2 of the dac doesn't seem to "lock" very easily. If I disconnect the bitclock from pin2 and reconnect, it will work fine, but this usually takes a few attempts.

The bitclock is derived from a divider on the clock itself and not the 7220, and the clock is housed in the cd player not the dac. Should I mount it inside the dac case?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Lee.

Hi, yes I do. It has multiple outputs, two each of /1, /2, /4.

On closer inspection it seems it's the dem reclock that isn't working. If I disconnect the dem clock feed the sound is exactly the same.

Could moving the clock into the dac case instead of the cd player, and using much shorter lines solve this? I'm beginning to think it will.

Lee.

Once I find the time to actually build you DAC, I will go solid state as well for output stage. May build a couple of options on veroboard (e.g. Rudolf Broertjes, Pedja Rogic, ECDesigns) to test the best output. Although looking at EC's knowledge and incredible efforts, he probably already tested what is best for the tda1541.

Have you tried any other outputs besides tube/lampizator?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I am planning on getting a custom built transformer from this project. What voltages and capacity (Amps) should I be getting?

prim: 230v
sec: 20v, 12v, 12v, 12v (all 1A)

Would that be ok?

That´s fine. You could see the power schematics overview at Post #12.

Would you like to order your transformer at AE-Europe? If yes, kind regards to Kim :)

Oliver,

Will my DC coupled B1 buffer powered by a Salas shunt reg work as an output stage? It is a unity gain, impedance correcting buffer based on 2SK170s. It would be positioned in the pre-amp, the next box down from the DAC in my system.

If so, what do I really need to build a DAC with USB and optical inputs?

1. A teralink converter,
2. A Power supply board,
3. Main Shunt reg board
4. DAC module board

Is that it, discounting box, components etc.?

Many thanks
Lucas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.