• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
DDNF I/V module progress report

All parts on the DDNF I/V module are assembled.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Also the Salas Shunt regs for the +/- 19V and +15V bias voltage line are ready.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The DDNF PSU module will arrive tomorrow, so testing could start this week.

:wave:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
DDNF I/V module progress report

I have uploaded an overview of the complete DDNF I/V output stage in my blog.

Start of delivery will be delayed, because i have a strong voltage drop on the -19V line after connecting this line to the Shunt module.

When i´ve fixed this problem i report back.

Nice PCB's,
If i understand it : we get a total of 8-9 shunts. Isn't it posible to reconsider
the shunt's this way : 1 shunt pcb with +19/-19/+15 (15v in the open space in the middle) May be the new psu pcb can feed the DAC also?
We try to get all in one cabinet, to please the householdmember's

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi antonioo,

If i understand it : we get a total of 8-9 shunts. Isn't it posible to reconsider the shunt's this way :
1 shunt pcb with +19/-19/+15 (15v in the open space in the middle)

My shunt modules are only one possibility to power the DDNF I/V module.
You could also use anything else that makes a stable output voltage.

May be the new psu pcb can feed the DAC also?

That is absolute correct. If you don´t want to use the ultra low ESR +/- PSU module,
you could also use the new 3 line PSU module with one big cap per rail.

Best regards,
Oliver

Let's see...

We need 3 shunts for the TDA1541A: -15vdc +5vdc -5vdc

We need an extra +5v shunt for the i2S attenuator on the TDA1541A board

That's how the project started off, I believe.

Then we added the USB input from the Teralink X2, which ideally will take it's own +5v supply rather than being USB powered from a computer. Ideally it would have it's own independent +5vdc supply, but sharing one with the i2s attenuator sounds excellent to my ears. For space constraints, I'd say share away! Ideally, however, do as Oliver has done and separate them out.

Then there's the output stage, which on this project IMHO, everybody should try the Tube-I-Zator, which works well as a stand alone, with incorporated power supply.

If you like the Tube-I-Zator, and I certainly do, you will "need" an HV shunt for the Tube-I-Zator to get the very best from it. +120vDC

Then, if you want to add co-axial or even tos-link input, you can use the twisted pear modules, with more shunt regs required and then there's the USB isolator, and then there's the i2s switcher, all requiring 5vdc or 3.3vdc. Some of these do NOT need a separate independent shunt reg at all (i2s switcher is just powering relays for example and won't interfere with a digital circuit on the same supply.)

Have I left anything out? It's a lot of shunt regs for sure, and a lot to fit in a single case. I still don't have a case - I need a MASSIVE case! Maybe I will use 2 like Oliver.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Oliver,
After some weeks of having both output stages, which one do you prefer?

It´s difficult to compare both, because they are both great but have different characteristics.

For my personal taste and in sum of all characteristics i´ll stay with the Tube-I-zator,
but i am thinking about to integrate a switchable solution in my DAC.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Bargain Sale

Bargain Sale​

Because i need space for the next generation of my DAC,
you could order my ready build DAC module V2.2 with direct input modification
for the special price of

$40 each

Worldwide shipping: $ 9
paypal fee: 3,9%

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Bargain Sale​

Because i need space for the next generation of my DAC,
you could order my ready build DAC module V2.2 with direct input modification
for the special price of

$40 each

Worldwide shipping: $ 9
paypal fee: 3,9%

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Only one left!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.