• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture

Surface Finish for future PCB´s

• ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold

Votes: 93 48.7%
  • Immersion Silver

Votes: 54 28.3%
  • Immersion Tin

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives

Votes: 20 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oliver this is what im getting

Pin 28 = +4.90v
Pin 26 = -4.70v
Pin 15 = -14.85v

Those TL431s are pretty inaccurate, with no way to adjust them in this configuration.

But you are getting voltages on the chip, so that's a good start.

When I had this problem, I was getting +5v digital to the X2, but not to the reclocker, due to the coil being broken so please check for voltage on the 74HC02 chips too. Pin 14 should be +5v ±1v. To find pin numbers, pin 1 is at the mark, or if no mark it is anticlockwise next to the indent or chip on the end. Then numbers count anticlockwise - so pin 14 is the last one you come to.

Last edited:
Those TL431s are pretty inaccurate, with no way to adjust them in this configuration.

But you are getting voltages on the chip, so that's a good start.

When I had this problem, I was getting +5v digital to the X2, but not to the reclocker, due to the coil being broken so please check for voltage on the 74HC02 chips too. Pin 14 should be +5v ±1v. To find pin numbers, pin 1 is at the mark, or if no mark it is anticlockwise next to the chip on the end. Then numbers count anticlockwise - so pin 14 is the last one you come to.

This are the Voltages im Getting Lucas.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

All other Voltages are 0v

This are the Voltages im Getting Lucas.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

All other Voltages are 0v

All voltages correct throughout then, measured at chips themselves. That 4.83v is pin 14, the VCC for that chip.

I see you have those tiny reclocker chips in place. Do you have any 74HC02 chips to throw in there, just in case? They're dirt cheap (30p each) and work well.

It does seem from what you've said that the data may not be reaching the TDA chip at all, indicating that the Twisted Pear is not set up properly, or the reclocker chip is not working.

Are your DAC boards v2.2 or v2.3. If v2.2, have you lifted the appropriate pins on the chips or removed the traces, as instructed by Oliver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.