Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architecture
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Surface Finish for future PCBs
ENIG - Electroless Nickle/Immersion Gold 88 49.16%
Immersion Silver 49 27.37%
Immersion Tin 23 12.85%
OSP - Organic Solderability Preservatives 19 10.61%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th September 2017, 01:39 PM   #1571
kp93300 is offline kp93300  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

I have a fully populated red baron v5 board with the current buffer installed.
Recently completed a tube i zator board.
Can i take the current out off the board directly without removing the 2sk 216. ?
See attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170929_211020.jpg (182.5 KB, 381 views)
Old 11th October 2017, 02:18 AM   #1572
KennethDK is offline KennethDK
diyAudio Member

Are there still available boards?

Looks like a killer dac stage to combine with a tube stage
Old 11th October 2017, 09:19 PM   #1573
fccn75 is offline fccn75  United States
diyAudio Member

Default upload pcb files?

I understand Dvb Projekt ended the Red Baron awhile now, but can the Red Baron V5 pcb file be posted via link so we can continue for those late in the game?
Old 15th October 2017, 09:02 PM   #1574
KennethDK is offline KennethDK
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fccn75 View Post
I understand Dvb Projekt ended the Red Baron awhile now, but can the Red Baron V5 pcb file be posted via link so we can continue for those late in the game?
That would be awesome. Huge fan of tda1541
Old 7th November 2017, 04:35 AM   #1575
noizas is offline noizas  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennethDK View Post
That would be awesome. Huge fan of tda1541
Hi

I still have some different versions of bare Red baron unneeded.
How many do you need?
Please PM me.

Saulius
Old 7th November 2017, 07:10 AM   #1576
dvb projekt is offline dvb projekt  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp93300 View Post
I have a fully populated red baron v5 board with the current buffer installed.
Recently completed a tube i zator board.
Can i take the current out off the board directly without removing the 2sk 216. ?
See attached picture.
To be save, remove the 2SK216.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fccn75 View Post
Unfortunately my RB V5.0 files are blown away at a HD crash.

Best regards,
Oliver
Old 14th December 2017, 08:58 PM   #1577
TIC37 is offline TIC37  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb projekt View Post

Unfortunately my RB V5.0 files are blown away at a HD crash.

Best regards,
Oliver
It's really pity but I have at least got my hands on a Red Baron DAC that I am about to start building but I have a question about the SK170. I saw that Salas have changed the fets for SK117 in his SSHV shunt, is it possible to go the same way for the Red Baron or is it mandatory with SK170??
The price is major reason for asking but since Salas have changed the use of SK170 to SK117 I don't see no reason that it should not be possible doing the same here.
Old 11th January 2018, 09:45 AM   #1578
diyAudio Member

Default Ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIC37 View Post
It's really pity but I have at least got my hands on a Red Baron DAC that I am about to start building but I have a question about the SK170. I saw that Salas have changed the fets for SK117 in his SSHV shunt, is it possible to go the same way for the Red Baron or is it mandatory with SK170??
The price is major reason for asking but since Salas have changed the use of SK170 to SK117 I don't see no reason that it should not be possible doing the same here.
Ok, I ended up ordering the SK170BL anyway....

Since I am up to this project now and I realize that some information is gone bye bye I will have to ask questions and I hope someone out there is prepared to answer.

First question is about the High speed buffer, I have the Twisted Pear Opus WM8804 and will have to fix the High speed and if I can not get it via Oliver is it difficult to do it myself on a breadboard?? I will need some kind of schematics cause I am not the one who do (no electronical engineer), I repeat (the monkey with soldering iron) what others have come up with.

Second question, I understand that the DAC is needed for the signal but since I am not that experienced with the general build up of the signal path in a DAC I wonder what is needed to get the signal to the DAC board and then to the Output stage??
Old 12th January 2018, 12:06 AM   #1579
diyAudio Member

Quote:
First question is about the High speed buffer, I have the Twisted Pear Opus WM8804 and will have to fix the High speed and if I can not get it via Oliver is it difficult to do it myself on a breadboard?? I will need some kind of schematics cause I am not the one who do (no electronical engineer), I repeat (the monkey with soldering iron) what others have come up with.

Second question, I understand that the DAC is needed for the signal but since I am not that experienced with the general build up of the signal path in a DAC I wonder what is needed to get the signal to the DAC board and then to the Output stage??
Questions are more or less cleared so I only have one little question to be answered before building the Red Baron; I understand that incoming signal can be of different kind but if a want to use incoming RCA signals, are they.... I2S or??
BNC is....??
and finally Toslink is.....??

Will all these mentioned connectors be connectable to, or via WavIo because that is what I intend to use as main input for the signal? I need help understanding this so please bare with me.

Last edited by TIC37; 12th January 2018 at 12:07 AM. Reason: clarifying
Old 12th January 2018, 04:40 AM   #1580
dvb projekt is offline dvb projekt  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Questions are more or less cleared so I only have one little question to be answered before building the Red Baron; I understand that incoming signal can be of different kind but if a want to use incoming RCA signals, are they.... I2S or??
BNC is....??
and finally Toslink is.....??

Will all these mentioned connectors be connectable to, or via WavIo because that is what I intend to use as main input for the signal? I need help understanding this so please bare with me.
RCA, BNC or Toslink are S/PDIF signals. If you want to use this connections, you must have a S/PDIF to I2S converter.

The WaveIO converts USB to I2S. I hope that help

Best,
Oliver

"Reference" TDA1541A DAC with I2S-BUS architectureHide this!Advertise here!