• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

CV

Joined 2002
Paid Member
E-JMLC 400Hz ?

Hi
I heard an E-JMLC 600 lately... cleanest horn I've ever heard! Not sure I could hear any coloration actually, which is a first...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could we have a 400 or 425hz with 1.5" throat? My Vitavox S2s would fall in love...

Any chance at all?!

Best,
cv

Hi
I heard an E-JMLC 600 lately... cleanest horn I've ever heard! Not sure I could hear any coloration actually, which is a first...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could we have a 400 or 425hz with 1.5" throat? My Vitavox S2s would fall in love...

Any chance at all?!

Best,
cv

That was the first thing I noticed when I made my own LeCleach. It basically sounds like the same driver on a baffle, just louder. LeCleach doesn't alter the tonality of a driver to the extent that most horns do.

Being a happy user of the Beyma TPL-150H, I sure would love to see that too! The biggest challenge here will probably not be the horn, though, but rather having a giant AMT driver made, that would work down to, say, 600 Hz. I'm quite sure such a driver/horn combo could be a 'hot' product for the diy-community:)

Best regards
Peter

Personally I would love to see 300Hz JMLC or eJMLC for AMT driver.

Here are some SEOS24's with Radian 951pb-Be, or 951BPB as it's labeled on back (shipped with the truextants Be frams from uss speaker)-

Ultimately I'm working toward a CNC'd Phenolic resin baffle with a pair of AE TD10m's under the seos. The Subs are sealed JBL W15gti's. They are XO'd active at ~380 as of now, might move up just a little as distortion creeps up under 4ish.

Very good stuff! The NS6's are getting their butts kicked right now...

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 1,164
  • stacked up.jpg
    stacked up.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Radian 951BpB.58.jpg
    Radian 951BpB.58.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 1,087
Looking at different horns and Seos WGs. How would Seos 12s with DIYsoundgroup Denovo-drivers compare to JMLC horns and similar in terms of SQ for music?

I am considering a JMLC and similar horns, but would a Seos solution give similar or better performance for critical music listening at a lower price and easier build?