• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Measured polars.

Attachments

• FP15_polar.png
    FP15_polar.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 930
  • FP15_power.png
    FP15_power.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 911
  • FP15.zip
    527.7 KB · Views: 70
Can you confirm the low cutoff point for the SEOS-18 for 1.5" drivers?

I have pre-paid for a pair of black SEOS 24 through Erich @ DIY Sound Group (he said the next pallet should be here by end of january... appears it hasn't even filled up or shipped yet, so might be possible to change things around).... the SEO24s are to be used with JBL 2447 CDs with beryllium Truextant diaphragms (JBL confirmed 0 degree angle for the 2447 CD). But if the SEOS 18 can be used just as low with the same performance, I could be persuaded to change my order. I planned to cross them over to an Acoustic Elegance TD15M 15" driver around 500Hz.

Can you please also confirm if these new waveguides (SEOS-24 and this new SEOS-18 for 1.4 and 1.5 inch throats) will come with the metal mounting rings instead of the MDF mounting rings? I'm concerned about the MDF mounting rings having cracking issues down the road and issues of drilling holes for multiple different CDs over time creating problems for the MDF versus more stable metal ring... also, the studs for the 2447 aren't long enough to support a super thick mounting ring. I'd have to pull them and find an alternative... thinking it'll be fine with metal mounting plate. so I have a preference just based on that alone :)

Please advise. Thanks!

Good idea about plane tube - need to make it. My BK2012 started to lowpass on both Preamp Input and Direct Input while in loopback is ruler flat. This is weird. I need repeat measurements :(

As for the SEOS-18 - it's "short" horn so please wait until I'll make measurements. Naturally it has metal mounting or not if made out of solid surface (one piece).

Vertical controlled directivity - SEOS and OS have it :)