• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

The sensitivity takes a big hit from the extra mass of the Aquaplas.

Standard application recommendation for optimum damping of diaphragm resonances is to cover the center 25%, as that is where amplitude is greatest.

If you wanted to get fancy you could effect constrained layer damping by adhering a small disk, or maybe two crossed strips for less mass, of aluminum foil to the center of the diaphragm.

Last edited:
First day of using Bruel Kjaer 2012 Audio Analyzer - setting up Mummy crossover (12BR70+D800Ti). I would like to contact anyone familiar with this nice machine.

Attachments

• BK2012.jpg
    BK2012.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 587
Hi jzagaja

did you ever get a chance to listen and measure the B&C DCM50 with one of your horns?
i would be especially interested how it sounds and measures w/ the Iwata 300 ?

thanks

Not yet. We use BMS and Radian/Truextent.

jzagaja, was there any development re B&C DCM50 and your horns?

if you haven't had a chance, what would you recommend as the best horn from your production to extend a lower end as much as possible (recommended by B&C is 400hz but i would love at least 350hz with few watts...) while having clean dispersion without beaming or other nasty artefacts.

also i can't find more comments on your minphase 200 horn, the price is much more affordable than JMLC and it looks like it has a very similar lip-over. how does it behave in the mids?

are there any plans for really big OSWG, like 18" or similar? since i've heard geddes OSWG (from summa), i think it's a way to go in smaller rooms....

Last edited:
Today I've learned how to store graphs in BK2012. This is quite easy - you have to chose plotter as output device, then open in ABViewer for example and format. Quick and dirty comparison between 12BR70+D800Ti vs. 12B100R+DE500. Level was quite low a bit below 1Vrms but I couldn't set more because of family members. I'm sending Mummy 4 (12BR70+D800Ti) with minimalistic crossover to Lukasz for voicing, attaching Aquaplased diaphragms.

Pink is 12B100R :)

Attachments

• Mummy_3_4_SSR.png
    Mummy_3_4_SSR.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 667
  • Mummy4_1.png
    Mummy4_1.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 668
Last edited: