• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Crossover point at about 5kHz. Active bass has adjustable crossover up to 450Hz varies.

Attachments

• IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
Help needed in making a decision

A system I am working on would benefit from some input. I am following Lynn Olson's Beyond the Ariel project where he describes the LTO Apollo here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/100392-beyond-ariel-410.html#post3189501

My project will be a "poor man's" effort and favor an elliptical format for the horn. I want a smaller form factor for the horn. My crossover point will be determined. I would like any input for the relative merits to choose between the E-JMLC 600:

AutoTech E-JMLC-600 - AutoTech Waveguides - Waveguides DIY Sound Group

or the Iwata 600:

AutoTech Iwata-600 - AutoTech Horns - Horns DIY Sound Group

Lynn's description of the Azurahorn 450 should serve as a bull's eye of sorts:

"The horn is an Azurahorn AH425, which is a custom-designed (bespoke) LeCleac'h with a T ratio of 0.707 and matched for a compression driver with an exit angle of 8 degrees. The AH425 diameter is 16.5" and works best in free-air mounting with about 2 inches of separation from the top of the bass cabinet."

TIA