• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

This year Autotech @ Munich can play music :) I won't be there, it's time for a brake from audio ;) With a wide bandwidth 2" drivers JMLC-350 or EJMLC-300 are suitable.
Hope you are speaking of just a holliday and not a long break Jazagaja...

I have the JMLC350 playing now with a Radian 951 Be driver. With this horn/driver combo anything below 800Hz is not recommended.

Hard to tell Jacek, I have to do some more distortion and time domain measurement in order to conclude. No question that the high mid / tweeter performance is good. The in-room sweet spot measurements looks very promising... the horns are pointing some 10degrees off sweet spot axis.
After 2 days of testing with Audiolense I have landed on a cross over frequency of 1kHz, which is higher than I hoped for (15" FaitalPro FX560 in BR cabinet). Later I will do some testing of the horn with cardioid midbasses.

Attachments

• JMLC350 + Radian951PB Be.png
    JMLC350 + Radian951PB Be.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 687
This is a real thing, keep us informed.

Supertweeter still needed?

A few screenshot and pictures of the current status:
- PIC motor en encoder control board finished
- rotary table finished
- positioning works very accurate and fast (PID controlled)
- "scope" function for position routine works also (used to fine tune PID parameters)

What's left:
- program shortcut key's to make it easier to control it from Auto-It script
- adapt Auto-it screen to work with new software and ARTA
- do some code clean-up
- writing some documentation
- testing testing testing...

Attachments

• parameter setup.png
    parameter setup.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 107
  • parameter finetuning.png
    parameter finetuning.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 144
  • main screen.png
    main screen.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4810.jpg
    IMG_4810.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_4811.jpg
    IMG_4811.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4806.jpg
    IMG_4806.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_4804.jpg
    IMG_4804.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 600
Same here - nice job. Would you sell me one? What kinds of loads will it take? That usually ends up being the problem.

One suggestion. I do not test at equal intervals, its better to have more forward resolution than aft. But typing in the numbers would also be a pain. Could a numerical table be setup where one just clicks a button and it goes to the next value in the table? That coupled with HolmImpulse would be exceptional.

I may even make my polar mapping program available and for the first time in history we could all be looking at very high resolution and accurate polar data that is done the same way and hence comparable.

Last edited:

Thanks!

I will make all source code open source, and executables will also be posted. The pcb is very simple (see circuit attached). The only "difficult" thing for DIYers will be programming the PIC and finding a suitable motor cheaply.

I found a PITMANN motor on Ebay with a reduction of 63 and a 256 inc encoder for 30 €. Maxon motors with quadrature encoder show also up every now and then. For bearing I used one of these: Drehkranz Drehlager Drehteller Drehscheibe Ø 330 mm | eBay

remark: I have no affiliation with this seller. I just posted this because it’s ideal to make an automated rotary table.
This should allow many people there to build an automated rotary table.

Attachments

• USB_WIM_IO.JPG
    USB_WIM_IO.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 640
Same here - nice job. Would you sell me one? What kinds of loads will it take? That usually ends up being the problem.

One suggestion. I do not test at equal intervals, its better to have more forward resolution than aft. But typing in the numbers would also be a pain. Could a numerical table be setup where one just clicks a button and it goes to the next value in the table? That coupled with HolmImpulse would be exceptional.

I may even make my polar mapping program available and for the first time in history we could all be looking at very high resolution and accurate polar data that is done the same way and hence comparable.

To avoid going to much of topic, I will create a new thread in the section "Equipment & Tools "

Please post any questions there, then all information will be grouped.

See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equi...automatic-polar-measurements.html#post2981684

Last edited: