• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Pricing on the 110hz Tractrix will probably need some type of adjusting due to their size. The cost to get a pallet shipped from Poland is very expensive after you figure in customs fees, taxes, taxes, and more taxes. Last time, the combined total was $1950 for shipping. I package them all up for free.

So if a pair or two of the 110's were ordered, it would seriously lower the number of items on the pallet, and the shipping would need to be divided out over less parts.

I'm looking at getting a price to ship them by sea, which should be cheaper, but not by much. Shipping by plane was only $700, everything else was fees and taxes. So if those fees stay the same, the shipping price won't go down by huge amounts.

Right now they're priced at $540 each If I recall. But there's really no way to sell them for that price because shipping would cost $1900. Obviously if we could get a decent number of smaller horns and waveguides packed in the empty areas of the pallet it would help.

But my guess is that you'd almost need to figure $800 for the 110hz tractrix. It's about 40" in diameter!

Has anyone tried the Beyma TPL-150 in the Gamt90 yet?

Hi,

I would just very much like to know if anyone has tried the Beyma TPL-150 in the Gamt90 waveguide? I am very interested in hearing how far in frequency the Beyma will load in the Gamt90 waveguide.

Further, what is the approximate horizontal dispersion of the Gamt90 waveguide in the 750-850 Hz range? I know there exists graphs for the Gamt90 loaded with the Harwood Acoustics AM35 driver, but would be very pleased if someone would 'translate' the graphs into a specific dispersion angle.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Peter

I have AM35 which is "home" version of TPL150. Very natural sounding but limited vertical dispersion, highly recommended. Haven't used with a horn. GAMT90 at 800Hz below. For good dispersion use JMLC-1000 with LCY ribbon.

Attachments

• gamt90.gif
    gamt90.gif
    9 KB · Views: 634
Hi Jacek,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Do I read the graph correctly, if it shows that horizontal is app. 80° at 800 Hz?

In case anyone has tried using the Beyma TPL-150 on the Gamt90 horn, I would very much like to know!

Thanks!

Best regards
Peter

I have AM35 which is "home" version of TPL150. Very natural sounding but limited vertical dispersion, highly recommended. Haven't used with a horn. GAMT90 at 800Hz below. For good dispersion use JMLC-1000 with LCY ribbon.