• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Tome the top octave looks noticeably smoother with the stock phase plug.

... see below graph normalized to flat power. Better repeat on SEOS and baffle.

I find it hard to judge the directivity performance of anything other than a spectrogram normalized to flat on-axis response.

I'm not sure why, but I also find the stepped shaded graphs harder to digest than the previous smooth shaded ones.

Thanks for all your effort, jzagaja.

ARTA directivity sonogram.

Attachments

• DE250_FRESNEL_5.png
    DE250_FRESNEL_5.png
    42 KB · Views: 652
Enclosed. For samples please contact Autotech: info at autotech.pl

Hello jzagaja,
I get some strange results looking at the raw data. I had to convert your files to pcm-format with Audacity before Arta could read them. But there seems to be something strange with level, as the higher of axis measurement are louder than the on-axis measurements. Did you make the measurements with Arta, of did you use some other software?

Attachments

• fresnel.jpg
    fresnel.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 576
K Horn vs. Iwata

Thanks for the comparison graph.
you say : to be used instead of JMLC-400 .
jmlc-400 has a recommended xover point of 600hz , KL51 has min rec. freq. of 400hz .
i thought i can take the KL51 down to 400/500hz according to autotech page .
have you had a chance to listen to KL51 ?
any comparison to iwata 300 re sound ?

I got JMLC 350 trough Erich’s diysoundgroup. They sound wonderfully with GPA 288, much much better than the Stereo Lab Tractrix 400 horns.

I have a question: there is a kind of tape on the outer edge of the horn. Is this tape embedded in the gel coat or it is just a protection for transportation purpose? I haven’t dared to try to take it of. Any owner of the Autotech horns had the same?

I have a question: there is a kind of tape on the outer edge of the horn. Is this tape embedded in the gel coat or it is just a protection for transportation purpose? I haven’t dared to try to take it of. Any owner of the Autotech horns had the same?

This is topcoat masking layer needed when you join two parts in this case horn and its rollback. Can be sanded when painted.