• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
For those of you wanting 200Hz or lower horns - what do you plan to drive them with? What CD can really play clean that low?
A 250Hz horn is pretty much the practical lower limit. At least for hi-fi.
I'd go for something like that or up to 500Hz. 1.4" throat.

If I could arrange some delivery or even the local pick-up with Dshambala, (I live in Montreal), I would be in for a JMLC 350 horn with a 1.4" throat. I hope that horns come with a predrilled flange.
As I understand one thing is the order for Iawata horns but there is also the cost of shipping and we need to fill at least a palette to get reasonable shipping cost.
Chris

Flange can be predrilled, hole at least 1mm wider than screw - you need fine tune center position. GLS (General Logistic System) can send via air a box 50x50x100cm for about $150/5kg, this is an option for Iwata and JMLC-350 but we have to sign agreement with them, otherwise a pallet and freight. Bad news - Autotech is busy with automotive parts and an August is holiday time so real deadline for new horns is September.

New 15" OSWG horn concept for PA, 130dB, 1.4" coax drivers, coverage 50deg. It has much chance to be fabricated soon.

Attachments

• OSWG50.gif
    OSWG50.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,188
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
its not to be negative, but depth of your drawing may give a wrong picture of the shape
makes it look more like a long throw horn than OS

anyway
I thought that 15" was supposed to be at the inner circle of the mouth rounding, to make it a 15" waveguide
well, this probably just shows that I know nothing about it