• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

My small lab :)

Attachments

• IMG_4549.jpg
    IMG_4549.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 680
Hi jzagaja,

Is there any plan on doing TH4001 (or possibly TH4003) clones one day?
Also, have the biradials already been built or do they only exist as simulations?

Another question, which I am sure have already been addressed in the past (sorry about that :eek: ):
Have measurements or simulations been done on the effect of damping layers (bitumen like) on the rear of your waveguides?

Thanks to generous Mr. C.J. Struck (Tymphany head engineer) I've got impedance autosequences used for example by Beyma in their datasheets. My main program is old thus autosequences don't work properly (problem with scale factor). nevertheless plots are ok except reference level. Comparison with LIMP (m-audio Transit USB), transducer is small BMR - one sample is good and another is broken.

Attachments

• Impedance_BMR.png
    Impedance_BMR.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 584
Hey mate if this is a request page for dream horns well I want a pair of goto S300b and S150 B for soo long but cant afford to raise the money for even the S150. I want to make an adapter and use vintage standard a1/3/8 inch threaded drivers of so many types to be had for 100$ a pair of less with simple phasings and phenolic diaphragms. Drivers that need real slow openings that will go real low down too. I don't need to break any copy rites I just want similar sized expo horns with standard 1/1/38" threaded sockets. All these modern fast opening flares might great for modern style drivers but older drivers with smaller diaphragm sises that with the right expo horn get go very low and with a warmer tone. So how about some long expos.? There is not one in the catalog. Just a 1 3/8" to 8 inch expo adapter would be golden man. Easy to make and ship. Any Diyer can go from there. PLEASE! And then a 2inch version too!:)

Google Translate

exponential horns

Fatbattery - isn't it Tractrix: 110, 200, 350, 600, 1000 what you look for?

No while it may not state it on this goto add. I believe goto horns are exponential as they suit better there old Western electric type of driver design as a lot of older pa drivers are too. While I understand that most people want to use tractrix and lcleach with modern drivers. I have these horns and drivers. I want to try exponential with older designs with phenolic diaphragms like the Ev 1829 that with a long enough expo horn will go lower then most drivers. They are designed for vocal use 200 to 2-3k . The goto's are about 2k$ up wards in the 300b to 150b. It wouldn't surprise me if you done a non alloy 1 3/8"ones they probably would sound better and be lighter to mount anyway. Then buying goto and having to convert them to 1 3/8" sockets. As stated in my last post a 1 3/8" to 8 inch expo would be really handy even. I have lowther horns and other mid bass horns that size.

Google Translate