• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Different drivers on 12" OS waveguide (30deg).

Attachments

• OS12_drivers.gif
    OS12_drivers.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 672
Different drivers on 12" OS waveguide (30deg).

Thanks for providing these measurements.

The metal cone-equipped drivers, DE500 and D800Ti, have a somewhat "nervous" response above 10kHz - especially the latter, which I gather is break-up modes in the diaphragms, though it seems they may have an advantage in ultimate extention compared to the polyester cones. With the exception of the BMS 4524 all drivers have notable peaks in the upper mids, whereas the 4524 has a slight dip around 3kHz - though still by far the most well behaved of all.

Being that I have heard both the D800Ti and 4524(incorporated in my current iteration of the Auto-tech Mummy 2's) via named waveguide their measured performances correlate quite well why my listening impressions. In fact the 4524 appears to be more extended as well, though it may have more to do with its performance here being better differentiated and notably smoother.

Last edited:
D500 rings slightly near 20kHz while D800 between 10-20kHz. Trying to get NSD1095N. New 18sound beryllium driver is now listed on website.

That's some nasty break-ups from the D800. The DE500 curve looks very respectable, actually, and the near 20kHz break-up here mayn't be cause for much concern.

The 18sound beryllium driver sports a 4" VC, doesn't it? Well, if JBL can squeeze their 4" beryllium driver in the Everests to reach some 15+kHz, supposedly in an acceptable manner, why shouldn't 18sound be able to do so with their driver? Perhaps I'm holding on naively to the hope of seeing a 4" compression driver going unassisted towards the 15-20kHz region...

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_4318 (1).jpg
    IMG_4318 (1).jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 133
Hello,

I am also working on an automated rotary table (nearly finished). It uses a pic microcontroller that communicates over USB. The USB framework came from this excellent site:

Open Source Framework for USB Generic HID devices based on the PIC18F and Windows - WFFwiki

Status so far:
- C# test application in finished. It can servo control a motor with encoder (I used a pittman motor from Ebay)
- Rotary table is mechanically finished
- Now working on Auto-it script to control the rotary table and Arta automatically

Goal: take polar response data with 1 mouseclick

When finished I will post code here on DIYAudio.

Horn Tractrix, JMLC or E-JMLC for BMS 4590 / 4592

Hello,
I saw that Autotech will exhibit on the always excellent "High End" 2012 fair in Munich in first week of May. Good chance to see tangible products in real world again! :) :)

@jzagaia, will you be present too?

I like to select a good combination of Autotech Horns for use with BMS 4592. LF will come from room corner horns with 18". X-over approx 400Hz.
I had in mind Tractrix 200, E-JMLC 300, IWATA 300, JMLC 350 (JMLC 200t is too big).
Roomsize 4,5 x 7 m

Who can give some directions here?
Many thanks