• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

It's rather good when phasing plug length is equal or smaller than dome radius and transition between channels and waveguide contour is smooth? This require inverted type driver, maybe some neodymium could work. Go back to the roots (WE555).

Attachments

• de250_5.png
    de250_5.png
    80.3 KB · Views: 925
Last edited:
Thank you for the answer,

Have you similar schema regarding the iwata300. It is very useful for me to make choice for one of the horn above..
Actually, I am using a TAD 4001 CD coupled with my wooden Diy bi-radial horn (similar to the TAD TH-4001), the plan was provided by MJ magazine in Japan.

A couple of year before, I had the opportunity to hear and compare by switching my horn and with the Jmlc horn by 'Musique concrète' with my set up. I was very impressed by the musical quality of the jmlc horn. The musical enjoyment still remain with me, I guest that is the quality of the jlmc curve calculation.
For this purpose,I had dropped some word to Jean Michel Le Cléac'h at one HI-FI show in Paris.

One more question: what is the pricing+shipping of a pair of ejmlc-300 horn. Ship to France.

Thanks

Van Loi

Hello,
I’ve a pair of Coaxial Silver Iris Speakers clone that use with a Radian PB475 driver as tweeter.
It use the cone of the 10” mid Woofer as Horn.
The crossover frequency is about 1,5Khz.
I’m very happy with this setup but now I’d like to try to use for the PB475 a real horn.
What do you think about?
Can you suggest me a horn that I can use with the same Cross frequency for better performance?Normally my earing position is about from 2 to 3m of distance from the speakers and I think that a good dispersion is very important in this condition.
Thanks for your help
Guglielmo

Good question. BC has minimized cone breakup so it doesn't peak in power response but Fresnel seems to have slightly more even phase and directivity - see below graph normalized to flat power. Better repeat on SEOS and baffle.

Looks good. Any idea yet what it would cost? How do we install this device (and remove the original one)? Do you have some pictures of the installation process?