Waveguides and horns - Page 36 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2011, 05:45 PM   #351
sendler is offline sendler  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Groups by continent

The groups are only needed for the large horns due to intercontinental shipping innefficiencies on single units. Not really for quantity counts of rare components. Anyone is free to order any of the stock horns at any time. Any quantity. The current discussion of a group buy is only to help North America to fill a pallet to get the initial shipping down to $50 each. Australia/ New Zealand ect. would have to fill their own pallet for $2000 shipping or pay $500/ pair for shipping. The other problem has been that everyone wants something totally different without paying attention to the theory and the size that comes with any given cut off frequency. 1", 1.4", 2" drivers. 300Hz cross, 2000Hz cross. And everything in between. Jack has been very patient considering all requests and trying to group them into a model range that will offer a solution for every possible application.
Old 15th January 2011, 07:53 PM   #352
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzagaja View Post
I think we can still add another model to SEOS-15 and SEOS-10. J... Any suggestions appreciated.
How about a SEOS-12?

The reduced WG height would be ideal for those of us who want to use one as a center channel speaker below a large projection screen; the tallest speaker I can fit is 23".
Old 15th January 2011, 08:30 PM   #353
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Have any carbon fibre units been made yet, I am interested in a CF pair.
I would need to see some pics first and I couldnt see the extra charge listed for CF.
Old 15th January 2011, 08:34 PM   #354
jzagaja is offline jzagaja  Poland
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jzagaja
Not yet - usually requires larger quantity. Solid surface below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1399501164.jpg (102.2 KB, 622 views)
File Type: jpg 1399501164_1.jpg (67.4 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg 1399501164_3.jpg (158.7 KB, 612 views)
Old 16th January 2011, 01:00 PM   #355
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
The groups are only needed for the large horns due to intercontinental shipping innefficiencies on single units. Not really for quantity counts of rare components. Anyone is free to order any of the stock horns at any time. Any quantity. The current discussion of a group buy is only to help North America to fill a pallet to get the initial shipping down to $50 each. Australia/ New Zealand ect. would have to fill their own pallet for $2000 shipping or pay $500/ pair for shipping. The other problem has been that everyone wants something totally different without paying attention to the theory and the size that comes with any given cut off frequency. 1", 1.4", 2" drivers. 300Hz cross, 2000Hz cross. And everything in between. Jack has been very patient considering all requests and trying to group them into a model range that will offer a solution for every possible application.
well the way I was reading it, there was also a LOT of discourse about getting customized shape large horns and as you say, everyone wants something different

indeed there was/is far too many options being talked about, thats what I was referring to, people talking about basically having a design of their own somehow thinking this would happen and they would be able to realistically ship a 150hz horn for cheap; or fit a 150hz horn into a sane size speaker build

I wasnt even really directing my critisism at Jack, in fact I was amazed by your patience Jack!! utterly amazed; but if anything perhaps you were too passive instead of curtailing space and time wasting conversation.

doesnt matter, Jacks on the right track now and if the wiki is well thought out I think this will be a really good seller.

myself i'm in for a couple of small waveguides, but need to do some more reading on the science to see what size I need, rather than just buying the look I want
Old 16th January 2011, 10:36 PM   #356
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
doesnt matter, Jacks on the right track now and if the wiki is well thought out I think this will be a really good seller.
um, which?
Old 17th January 2011, 02:21 AM   #357
Scaper is offline Scaper  United States
diyAudio Member

Guys, I'm just waiting for a domain name to be directed to a new hosting service. Once that happens I'll have a website up with the information. It was suppose to take 2 days, but the company hasn't transferred the info yet. You can contact me here and let me know what you want though. I've had a lot of people tell me what they want already.
Old 17th January 2011, 04:52 AM   #358
diyAudio Member

Alright, I've spent a couple days getting this website put together to show the different styles and pricing. Don't worry, none of the other links take you anywhere but pure 100% waveguides! Because this forum won't let you edit your posts after a while, we couldn't have a page here to add people to the group buy. So I decided to create a web page that lists who is on the group buy and what they are getting.

I'll update it almost daily so that you can see your name listed and know you're finally good to go.

I'm just going to use a persons screen name. If you don't want people to see what you're buying, just tell me to leave it off, but I'll still put your name up so that you know you're on the list.

I know that I'm missing some of the technical data on a few horns/waveguides and I know the website is a bit cheesy. I did the best I could for now. Tell me what to add, and I will. One thing I wasn't 100% sure off was the width of the Iwata-300. Some say 24", others say 30".

Prices were as listed from Autotech. I did some figuring and you'll notice that some of the smaller waveguides give a slight discount. I think that can be done because the more smaller items we have on the pallet, the cheaper the shipping ends up per item. I've talked to Auto-tech and they believe it's okay. So as of now, it should be okay. If I'm wrong, and you already ordered, you're set. If I think it needs to be changed, then it will be from that point on. The prices I got for the Mumia cabinets were $1070, but they think $1000 should be fine, so that's what I listed.

Sorry in advance for the colors, I'll tweak them later. Don't worry, virtually every link takes you to the waveguide page, so you can't get lost!

DIY Sound Group

I hope that works. Oh, and I'll start a new group buy thread tomorrow.

Last edited by Scaper; 17th January 2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 17th January 2011, 12:38 PM   #359
krzys is offline krzys  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Iwata 300 dimensions

Erich tanks for all that great work.

On Saturday I asked Jac(e)k directly for the Iwata 300 dimensions, they are :

width 590 mm i.e. 23.2"
height 320 mm i.e. 12.6"
depth 450 mm i.e. 18 «, for a 2" exit I suppose

Chris
Old 17th January 2011, 12:58 PM   #360
diyAudio Member

That's great news because it will make shipping easier and cheaper. There was a computer drawing up somewhere that had it at 30" wide.

Hide this!Advertise here!