Waveguides and horns - Page 28 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2010, 10:19 PM   #271
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

Is it possible to secure the assistance of an agent who would receive a pallet shipment to North America and split it to the various destinations?

Anybody near a port on the East Coast?

The WH4 has my interest.
Old 4th December 2010, 07:19 AM   #272
Frode is offline Frode  Norway
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkin1 View Post
It seems that a number of us were interested, but for myself, I've yet to see images or results of the Iwata 250. I can't remember seeing a price for that matter either. It also seems like we'd have to try to work out shipping to the US ourselves or try to get something firm quoted for this specific horn. Unless I see all of these, I'm just not willing to risk it.
I think they chose to go for the WH4, and the Iwata 250 won't happen at this point. The price of the WH4 is 200EUR(~265$) each.

Frode
Old 6th December 2010, 04:52 PM   #273
Jmmlc is offline Jmmlc  France
R.I.P.

Hello,

The classical "shoot out" of the European Triode Festival was this year 2010 devoted to horns and waveguides.

16 horns were brought by participants to ETF2010 for the contest.

Aside of the official shoot-out I could measure all the 16 horns in the same excellent conditions (a very large room with a very late first reflection).

You may find the link to the report I wrote at the bottom of ETF2010 "shoot out" page on the Triodefestival.com website:

European Triode Festival - ETF 2010 Shootout

A direct link to the report is:

http://forums.melaudia.net/attachment.php?aid=1760

Pictures taken before and during the shoot out can be seen at:

MELAUDIA :: ETF 2010

Best regards from Paris

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h
Old 6th December 2010, 05:16 PM   #274
diyAudio Member

Very interesting Jean-Michel. I doubt there has ever been such a collection of measured data over such a variety of flares and drivers before, especially not using the same test set up to give clear comparisons.

Congrats to all involved.
Old 6th December 2010, 05:42 PM   #275
diyAudio Member

Definitely interesting. Were the shootouts purely subjective or a combination of measured results + subjective components?
Old 6th December 2010, 05:47 PM   #276
diyAudio Member

Read the pdf in the second link.
Old 6th December 2010, 06:05 PM   #277
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the pointer, I'll go check it again. I saw all the measurements but didn't see mention of subjective listening in the measurement pdf. And if it was based on measurements, I'm not sure how the klangfilm horns won.
Old 6th December 2010, 06:09 PM   #278
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewma04 View Post
Thanks for the pointer, I'll go check it again. I saw all the measurements but didn't see mention of subjective listening in the measurement pdf. And if it was based on measurements, I'm not sure how the klangfilm horns won.
No subjective stuff in the pdf, and reading the last couple of pages, the Klangfilms didn't do well at all.
Old 6th December 2010, 06:19 PM   #279
diyAudio Member

Except they were proclaimed the "winner" in the shootout.
Old 6th December 2010, 06:23 PM   #280
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnewma04 View Post
Except they were proclaimed the "winner" in the shootout.
I didn't read the shootout page until now. Not much interested in other people's subjective opinions on stuff unless I'm actually there. More interested in what the pdf showed as tastes vary a lot. I mean how else can you account for people liking things like tiny wideband drivers used on their own?

Hide this!Advertise here!