Low Cost PCB Group Buy - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2010, 09:40 AM   #11
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitscc View Post
The preferred choice of FETs are 2SK147/2SJ369 or 2SK170/2SJ74 but they are expensive and difficult to get. Fairchild J112/J175 are much cheaper. They are suitable substitues.

I will start the board design and post it soon.
yes but whos design is this, and whats it called?
Old 5th May 2010, 11:48 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I'm making the layout right now. It's half finished.

Please see this pdf file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pre-Amp-FET-1.pdf (30.6 KB, 123 views)
Old 6th May 2010, 06:26 AM   #13
Luke is offline Luke  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Luke
why are you avoiding such a simple question?
Old 6th May 2010, 06:39 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

The circuit was designed by Mr. Thom Kaman.

This is an all JFET line stage.
Old 11th May 2010, 02:09 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

This line amp can be modified to become a HEADPHONE AMP. The output stage was in increased to 4 pairs while an extra pair of FETs Q6 ad Q8 were connected in parallel to Q5 and Q7 respectively in the VAS stage to provide extra drive.

When it is used as a line amp Q6 /Q8, Q11/Q15 and Q12/Q16 with the associated resistors can be omitted and their locations on the pcb will be left blank.

Regulated +/-15V is provided by LM317, LM337 (not shown the schematic) and associated filter caps, have been integrated to the same circuit board. Each assembled circuit board will form a fully functional and independent channel. It will take 2 identical boards for a stereo setup.

The final circuit and board designed of this all-FET line/headphone amp are presented in the attached pdf files.

Please post your comments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pre-Amp-FET-1-sch.pdf (17.5 KB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf Pre-Amp-FET-1-brd.pdf (34.4 KB, 72 views)
Old 11th May 2010, 06:36 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hi id like to design a pcb for a tube amp. This might be interesting for many tube beginners.
The schematic was already posted her by a diy member but is very popular in germany. Plese see attachment. Stereo would be fine and the pot should be on the pcb. best regards Thorsten
Attached Images
File Type: gif Schematic PCL Frank signature.GIF (9.5 KB, 290 views)
Old 12th May 2010, 04:35 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Bengali,

There are locations on the pcb for input and output non-polar caps. If you think they are not necessary, simply replaced them with jumpers. This will become a DC line amp.

circuitscc
Old 12th May 2010, 06:12 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hi circuitscc,

Very nice work. I can see you have put a lot of effort making symbols and components, they really do look good. I'll have to put a bit more effort into mine to lift my game.

Looking at your transistor symbol, I am wondering if the size is forcing you to space the resistors too far apart. On some of my boards I have been surprised how sparse they end up looking in real life.

I don't know about the actual circuit, I've been spending my time appreciating the excellent drafting.

Have you mastered Eagle 3D yet? If not, send me the PCB file and I'll generate a few pretty pictures.

BTW: On the PCB, the lower right pot has one trace not mitered.

regards
Old 12th May 2010, 06:43 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

As transistor is the only active device in the circuit I make them a bit bigger than average to emphasize its role.

The pot you mentioned was optional. Some music lovers would like to use the volume control of a CD player. It can be replaced with a jumper.

Please tell me your email address so that I can send you the schematic.
Old 12th May 2010, 07:07 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitscc View Post
As transistor is the only active device in the circuit I make them a bit bigger than average to emphasize its role.
I see. They look good and fit nicely, but can you see how they have made you space the resistors far apart, though it doesn't really matter on this PCB.

Quote:
The pot you mentioned was optional. Some music lovers would like to use the volume control of a CD player. It can be replaced with a jumper.
See the attachment.

Quote:
Please tell me your email address so that I can send you the schematic.
Email sent.

regards
Attached Images
File Type: gif trace.gif (3.0 KB, 259 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!