• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Low Cost PCB Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
circuitscc:

Would you consider offering a soft start module, preferably one capable of handling the demands of a large power amplifier? I am considering building a couple of large amps (Aleph J-X) and will probably use toroids that are in the 800 to 1000 watt range. I don't have a circuit (and lack the skills to evaluate those that are available on the web), but there might be a decent demand for a low cost, well-designed soft start pcb.

Regards,
Scott

Here are the picture files :

Attachments

• Pre-Amp-FET-1 #1.jpg
    Pre-Amp-FET-1 #1.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Pre-Amp-FET-1 #2.jpg
    Pre-Amp-FET-1 #2.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 284
Luke,

You raised a very good question.

Initially Bourns 3296 was used in the layout. It is very precise but overkill. Bourns costs USD2.50 per piece. CTS (the one in my final layout) costs only USD0.50. As there are 4 trimmers per board, savings will be USD16.00 for 2 channels. My intention is to make a LOW COST assembly that everyone could afford.

If there is enough support for this project price per (bare) board will be less than USD10. This can happen when total board area reaches 25 sq.ft.

I can buy the trimmers in the US and send to you with the boards.

Regards,
circuitscc

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Greg,

The PCBs were sent by airmail this morning.

Please drop me a line when you have received the package.

Also, you may post you feedback on the forum.

Kind regards,

circuitscc

Hi circuitscc,

I just received a parcel and what a surprise, a lovely collection of PCBs. :D

These boards look very professionally designed and manufactured, excellent work.

I was looking for the BJT Mirror Preamp circuit when I came across your recent post, sorry for missing it earlier.

What are your plans for PCBs in general? You have a very nice collection of PCBs already.

Thank you.

Greg,

I'm using Micro-Cap 9 to figure out the values of the components. Then samples will be built and tweaked with a Stanford audio spectrum analyzer to get the lowest distortion possible. If they can passed my audition test a BOM will be sent to you.

Thanks and regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.