Tauscher toroidal transformers 2x 30V GB interest? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2010, 04:13 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Tauscher toroidal transformers 2x 30V GB interest?

I haven't got a clue whether somebody will be interested at all, but at least I can try.

For the phonostage I'm building I need two 2x 30V transformers, and got a quote. For two transformers it's a bit expensive, in bigger numbers the price falls big time.

The toroidals I've got a quote for are these: potted toroidal transformers in a round housing but fitted with a 230V screen. Single primaries, dual secondaries. Potted, just like in the link.
Due to the weight I do not think these are suitable for distribution outside Europe, but if you really want to, you are welcome. Shipping costs will be about 20 Euro for 1 transformer, and 30 Euro for two transformers. Exact shipping costs will need to be determined (depending on destination). I'm in the Netherlands.

I want to buy 10 (or more) transfomers of the same VA rating, in 2x 30V. The VA rating does not matter much to me, but often bigger VA ratings are not much more expensive.

10x 80VA - 36,57 Euro each
10x 100VA - 38,16 Euro each
10x 160VA - 39,75 Euro each
10x 200VA - 46,11 Euro each
10x 400VA - 65,19 Euro each

For other VA ratings (see link) I have to ask another quote. Maybe everybody wants to have 500VA or 700VA for their power amp. Then it's cheaper for me to stick those in my phonostage. (I don't mind when it's heavy).

Please reply if you are interested. If you include your location I can also give you a shipping price (which also depends on weight, but I will give the prices of the tntpost over here).
Old 6th April 2010, 07:40 PM   #2
h_a is offline h_a  Europe
diyAudio Member

Has it to be Tauscher?

In the past I have had great experiences with Badel

Ringkerntransformator, Transformatoren, Ringkerntransformatoren, Ringkern, Ringkern-Transformator, Trafo

they do custom toroids (electrostatic+magnetic screen, potting you name it) already for 1 piece at a very decent price, certainly worth the time to ask for a quote. Extraordinarily nice service included.

Ask for reduced working induction to avoid mechanical humm.

If you want separate secondaries, specify it, otherwise you may get center tapped secondaries.

I think they do nearly every customizing you could want, but of course you would need to tell them.

Have fun, Hannes

PS: hard to believe, yes, but other than being a happy customer I have no relations to this company.
Old 10th April 2010, 09:43 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

It does not have to be Tauscher, but their website looks nice. I like it when a company says they can build it all.
I will ask for a quote for two transformers at Badel. Center tapped secondaries is ok for me.

Anyway, probably there is NO interest at all. Strange, I'd thought there would be quite a few people that needed a good quality toroid. Mouser and other electronics dealers don't have many options when it comes to toroids. Plitron is a bit expensive, when you calculate the shipping, etc etc....
Old 21st April 2010, 08:36 PM   #4
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

I have contacted Tausher because they are the only one I found that makes PM type transformers (eventually with metal shield). Their pre-sale service is very good. Quantity price is much more convenient and If i decide that route, I'll make a GB too.

For encapsulated toroids there are a LOT of good/decent options that I dont think it's worth the trouble.
Old 22nd April 2010, 05:44 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

what about noratel
I think they are very good
you may like to looked at them noratel.no and ask a quote

Hide this!Advertise here!