• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

+/- Power Supply Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi to all,

because i need a individual +/- Power Supply for my next projects, i have made a new PCB.
Here you could insert up to 15 caps per rail. All caps are parallel so the ESR of each cap would be lowered.

I would make a new group buy for those, who would like to have a perfect solution.
So the pre-orders could start now.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The rails are strictly separated, including the ground lines!
If you like, you could insert a decoupling cap and a bleeder resistor.
I choose a copper weight of 105 µm, so higher current applications are no problem.

The PCB has the following data:

Material: FR4 - 2mm
Layers: 2
Board size: 195x120 mm
Surface finish: Immersion Gold
Copper weight: 105µm
Soldermask: Both sides - green
Silkscreen: Legend on top

The price will be as followed:

Professional 2-Layer PCB: $23
Worldwide shipping: $ 9
Europe shipping: $ 5
paypal fee: 3,9%

A donation of $3 USD to diyAudio will be done for every pcb sold.

Pre-Orders only at: diyaudiopcb (at) gmx.com

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Best regards to the community, :cheers:

dvb-projekt

Last edited:
I have ordered this PCB (2x) as part of the TDA1541 package. Just out of curiosity, why the HUGE capacitor banks on this?

When used with 1000uF caps, the total capacity is 30.000uF (15k per bank). When used with, say 3000uF, it of course increases dramatically to 45.000 per bank. Seems quite a lot to me for a DAC, no?

And why not a smaller bank with more (larger capacity) caps, like 5x3000?

Just curious about the sonic effects of this setup....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.