• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The closest I have seen for delivery is the early January date posted by Mouser. I'm tempted to go ahead and back-order some of the big Ixys parts, so that maybe I get a belated Christmas present.

I was very pleased with the performance of both the amps I brought to BA this year. It helped that they were paired with a good TT/preamp setup and efficient speakers. The Half-Nelson now has an honored place in the living room, and it's a big improvement over the composite chip amp it replaced.

When I get my hands on some of the Semisouth jfets, I plan to spin another version of the Half-Nelson using them to replace the IRFP240 in the design.

No, I haven't tried out the 6N50D2 yet. I will though, soon. How do they compare in your opinion?

oh I love them both . And I am still using the light bulbs ( halogen ) in Zen .

the 6N50D2 offers less distorsion and is very very enjoyable .With a coulple matched of them the result is quite incredible at 60 volts . I use with them the Fostex Fe206e in MLTL equalized as described in " current sources " . The other part has lower capacitance at input , and has a little different character still very enjoyable when the gate resistance is attached at the positive voltage (source) . apparently more punchy imo . Anyway the focus obtained with the 6N50D2 matched is just incredible .

:D Hope soon to be ready to try the CS as in F2 - with the P channel mosfet .
>>>>>Already tried CS with Depletion N channel , but the sound was just too boomy in my system , too much bass , I guess there is something to work out to get the input capacitance of the amplifier higer ( in that case ) . Well , still using the buffer B1 , but that's what I found ..
>>>>>
Anyway lovely very lovely amp . And the light bulbs works just great .

Edit : the 1 ohm power resistors in this little amp deserves to be high quality and 1% tolerance . They make difference in sound, a lot .

Thanks for reading :D

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I nixed the Ixys part of the order, as I just ordered 10 of the parts myself. I upped the Semisouth part of the order to 3 pairs from 2. How many pairs will be needed before an order can be placed, and when do you need the swag?

These order's don't need to go all at the same time.
was hoping to get at least 50 transistors of each to make matching a bit easier, but that's probably unrealistic with current demand.

I dont need any cash until we get ready to order. I would like to wait till after xmas to place this order, assuming that suits everyone.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay guys, hope everyone is still in for the SemiSouth's group buy.
We are getting to a point were I can get at least 25 pairs of R100 to work with.
The R085's will be ordered as well, but in less quantity. These tend to be a bit higher in cost.
Based on current demand, I am going to hold off on the IXYS order, because I need to by 30 pairs minimum, and we are not even close.
So if your still in for your SemiSouth's, keep the sheet in current state, if not - please remove yourself.
My next step is to get a qoute for this stuff, and a lead time. Last time it took us 12 weeks to get our JFETs, so let's get this ripping now!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, got the qoute back for these units.

The units are four dollars more each than last year. They are now charging the same for both products. So I am going to charge $70.00 shipped for the pair. This leaves little profit, once paypal is taken into account. Keep in mind, the spreadsheet is reflected in pairs only, so please make sure the right quantity is inserted there.

SJEP120R100
SJDP120R085
each with a lead time of 12-16 weeks ARO

So, we dont have enough interest to get any more of a discount, but enough quantity to get some decent matching done.

It's going to take 3-4 months to get these, so starting Feb 1-14 I will open up group buy payments for these.

There is not enough interest yet in the IXYS devices to get them currently.

Those that interesting in paying sooner, let me know. But for know, close off date will be Feb14th. This means it maybe June before you get your product, but let's hope sooner.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Digi-Key Part Number IXTH20N50D-ND
Manufacturer Part Number IXTH20N50D
Description MOSFET N-CH 500V 20A TO-247

Non-Stock
Quantity Ship Date Estimate
(mm/dd/yyyy)
60 3/27/2011

The price has jumped a bit though. No they are per unit over 10 dollars, before they were 7 and change.

At this price, I would suggest getting them from Mouser, where one can get single unit's.

I have not tested matching these so don't know how much variance there is in a package.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Mouser restricts the product to some areas including mine. Are you able to purchase a few from your area?

I sure can, Hopefully some others will chime in who signed up for them.
Of course the cost looks to be up to $15 a FET here. with shipping and paypal fees, it will be a few dollars more. If you order a bunch, I'll ask you to pay the International Priority shipping price, it's not super reliable, but better than international first class. I've lost a few packages your way.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, I will be accepting payments for the SemiSouth payments until end of February 20th.
The paypal address is in the spreadsheet linked below.
Once the GB closes it will take up to 12-16 weeks to get JFETs.
The price has increased since last time and I apologize for it.
Shipping is free.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Okay, I will be accepting payments for the SemiSouth payments until end of February 20th.
The paypal address is in the spreadsheet linked below.
Once the GB closes it will take up to 12-16 weeks to get JFETs.
The price has increased since last time and I apologize for it.
Shipping is free.

Let me know if there are any questions.

OK for the payment , I signed 2 pieces for both the jfets . Was some time ago , so I quite do not remember : 2 means 2 pairs? is it right ? and a pair is 70$ . Please confirm .

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.