• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
1/15/2012
Original messages has been deprecated.
The IXYS Depletion MOSFETs are no longer for sale.
I do currently try to keep around SemiSouth R100A's and R085's. If I don't have any available. Consider this a sign up sheet to get some.

Current stock is 1/15/2012
R100A matched pair - 50.00 plus 5.00 shipping. Registered mail is 15.00 extra, and recommended if ordering in quantity.
R100A matched quad - 110.00 plus shipping.
R085 matched pair 60.00 plus shipping

Last edited:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An3nVM43ZbQndHVfQWxMQzNFNmFlYndDWmREa1NtaUE&hl=en

TB, I used the link from the original GB thread to add 2 pairs of the SemiSouth FETs. You may have pasted the link name as identified by the forum software rather then the link location. A right click on a valid link allows you to copy the location. The forum display may truncate the link location to generate the link name. The name and location are not the same when the length for the location exceeds a certain number of characters. L

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Probably not too well. Nelson discusses the difference a bit in the two in the de-lite article.
The 6N can run without an input capacitor, Can take a little less juice and has less distortion in the audio band compared to the 50D. The design as nelson has it with the 6N probably is more fussy with the pre-amp.

I listen to the 50D and like it, with a Erse PolyPro capacitor. I think it sounds much different than the IRFP, National Semi, and Toshiba Mosfets. I have not heard the other, and to modify the circuit between the two does not look too difficult.
I can say a 'really good' 10uf capacitor, is expensive.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
F2 with SS.

I was inspired by another member to try these on the F2.
Poped it in, needed to pump up the bias. It dropped down about 4v. The sound is different, have not gotten around to analyzing it yet. Listened to my Fostex FF85ks. It seems to be a 'cleaner' sounding F2.

Attachments

• f2SS.jpg
    f2SS.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
power jfet amps

I noted in another thread, possibly too old now, that i had ordered a half dozen Lovoltech power jfets from ebay source for only a few dollars. I have some tiny tube amps in low voltage space charge mode operation, I intend to interface to it. But, can anyone tell me, source of explicit power jfet circuits, rather than circuits which suggest that power jfets could be used? For example something similar to the De Lite amp, but using power jfets? I myself decided to stick to space charge tubes and jfets, no high voltages for this hobbyist;) Thanks :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
No one is too late yet. We have met the pricing mark for the 65N Depletion Fets. Just need to gain some momentum on the SouthSemi JFets. They are pricey little critters, so I can understand the hesitation. As soon as we get close with the JFET's I will close the group buy with ~ 7-10 days to pay.

Papa did share the F2 Clone changes on that thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/91168-diy-f2-clone-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

The F2's that I have updated with the JFETs need the
following changes:

R6 = 47k

C1 = 10 uF

Z1 removed

The potentiometer must be re-adjusted for minimum
distortion at 4.5 watts (symmetric clipping) and readjusted
after an hour.

The distortion results are typically a reduction from about 1%
at 1 watt to .3% at 1 watt

_____
So I am populating what I can on my PD F2 boards. I will salvage most the existing F2 parts. Getting ready to hear the first 'available' SouthSemi Papa approved design.

Wish I had a bunch of 1000uf Elna Silmic's for the output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.