Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy. - Page 33 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th April 2012, 05:51 PM   #321
diyAudio Member

last pair, or last quad?
Old 30th April 2012, 05:54 PM   #322
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Last quad. Thanks for clarifying.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 SHIPPED |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 6th June 2012, 09:38 AM   #323
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Any R100 left?
Old 6th June 2012, 11:42 AM   #324
diyAudio Member

Yes. I forgot to mention it here.
I got more R100A's in stock. Can sell in matched pairs and quads.
The price went up for them, so they are going to be 27.50 each in singles and pairs, and 115.00 for the quads. The per unit price is still less than Newark/Farnell

I will throw back in free shipping - but registered mail option (for those that lose packages from US from time to time) is 17.00 (usually cost). This is the less expensive tracking mechanism than express mail which is more than double that.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 SHIPPED |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 15th August 2012, 05:23 PM   #325
diyAudio Member

Just a note that I have sold a lot of these lately, but have around 12 pairs and 3 or 4 quads left.
I changed the pricing a hair to save on bigger purchases. So the pair cost is 50.00, but shipping is 6.00 for any reasonable quantity. Registered mail still the same above price. In USA delivery confirmation is normal - and signature required is a $2.00 option if needed.

Tea
Old 24th October 2012, 01:44 PM   #326
diyAudio Member

Okay - just so you know.
SemiSouth Labratories is going under.
The product may be moved to some other vendor or not. So stock moving forward is unknown at this point.
I did some panic buying last night and purchased all of Newarks R100A stock. There was no longer any R100 stock.
The current list price for <100 was ~29.35, pre tax and shipping cost.. I was not able to secure 100 of them to get lower pricing. So the cost of matched pairs will be likely 70.00 plus shipping per matched pair. The shipping will vary on a per customer basis. Here is why. I lost a package of 8 of them from the last round.
The customer split the cost of replacements with me, but it kind of wiped out this high cost low margin product. So I suggest if your international, you might want to insure the package which I can do with stamps dot com's private insurance. This also means that I will have to mark a higher purchase price on the customs form to do so.
This will not be a problem for domestic shipments, where insurance is less, and everything is pretty trackable.
This will drive up international end costs, but it is probably the best I can do under the current circumstances. I had a backordered order from another vendor, but they are uncertain as well now that they can fill any more orders. If so, I will be able to offer more of these into the future, for a limited, as demand and sources allow. Its been a fun ride, and most people have been pretty pleased with the results

Last edited by Tea-Bag; 24th October 2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 21st November 2012, 11:42 PM   #327
diyAudio Member

Okay, status update. I am out of R100A's.

I have started a waiting list for them, although my source that was looking for them, and then send them to be tested and dissected for fakes, struck out with reliable sources.

So I don't forsee any leads at this point, other than one who has some USED one's, but I will still need to pay a fortune just to get a few samples.

Anyways, the list is there, and feel free if someone has a supply, so offer them to someone on the list. I do not condone hording myself
Old 11th December 2012, 09:28 PM   #328
diyAudio Member

/me sad.. I'm ready to buy some now.. Grrr
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:42 PM   #329
diyAudio Member

If ever you get more,

I'm inerested in putting myself on the waitng list

thanks teabag
Old 27th December 2012, 11:27 PM   #330
diyAudio Member

Okay, haves secured some more SS's from SemiSouthFan

All product will be marked as E120R125 - the original SS parts used in first J2.

I am getting two different batches of them.
One batch is one's that have been under long term extensive testing, and of coursed passed. Cosmetically you can tell this, some are marked etc.

The second batch are one's that did not meet original Spec of AC Gate voltage of -15 to +15, and are -10V to +15. These are more similiar to the discounted R100A's that were 'designated for Audio' in previous productions. All of these should be fine for audio applications.
Combined there will be about 40 pairs available, assuming all goes as planned. No pricing is available yet. But will likely beat SemiSouthFan's pricing for NOS umatched stock. Sign up sheet is in my signature.

Hide this!Advertise here!