• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes. I forgot to mention it here.
I got more R100A's in stock. Can sell in matched pairs and quads.
The price went up for them, so they are going to be 27.50 each in singles and pairs, and 115.00 for the quads. The per unit price is still less than Newark/Farnell

I will throw back in free shipping - but registered mail option (for those that lose packages from US from time to time) is 17.00 (usually cost). This is the less expensive tracking mechanism than express mail which is more than double that.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just a note that I have sold a lot of these lately, but have around 12 pairs and 3 or 4 quads left.
I changed the pricing a hair to save on bigger purchases. So the pair cost is 50.00, but shipping is 6.00 for any reasonable quantity. Registered mail still the same above price. In USA delivery confirmation is normal - and signature required is a $2.00 option if needed.

Tea

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay - just so you know.
SemiSouth Labratories is going under.
The product may be moved to some other vendor or not. So stock moving forward is unknown at this point.
I did some panic buying last night and purchased all of Newarks R100A stock. There was no longer any R100 stock.
The current list price for <100 was ~29.35, pre tax and shipping cost.. I was not able to secure 100 of them to get lower pricing. So the cost of matched pairs will be likely 70.00 plus shipping per matched pair. The shipping will vary on a per customer basis. Here is why. I lost a package of 8 of them from the last round.
The customer split the cost of replacements with me, but it kind of wiped out this high cost low margin product. So I suggest if your international, you might want to insure the package which I can do with stamps dot com's private insurance. This also means that I will have to mark a higher purchase price on the customs form to do so.
This will not be a problem for domestic shipments, where insurance is less, and everything is pretty trackable.
This will drive up international end costs, but it is probably the best I can do under the current circumstances. I had a backordered order from another vendor, but they are uncertain as well now that they can fill any more orders. If so, I will be able to offer more of these into the future, for a limited, as demand and sources allow. Its been a fun ride, and most people have been pretty pleased with the results :)

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, status update. I am out of R100A's.

I have started a waiting list for them, although my source that was looking for them, and then send them to be tested and dissected for fakes, struck out with reliable sources.

So I don't forsee any leads at this point, other than one who has some USED one's, but I will still need to pay a fortune just to get a few samples.

Anyways, the list is there, and feel free if someone has a supply, so offer them to someone on the list. I do not condone hording myself :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, haves secured some more SS's from SemiSouthFan

All product will be marked as E120R125 - the original SS parts used in first J2.

I am getting two different batches of them.
One batch is one's that have been under long term extensive testing, and of coursed passed. Cosmetically you can tell this, some are marked etc.

The second batch are one's that did not meet original Spec of AC Gate voltage of -15 to +15, and are -10V to +15. These are more similiar to the discounted R100A's that were 'designated for Audio' in previous productions. All of these should be fine for audio applications.
Combined there will be about 40 pairs available, assuming all goes as planned. No pricing is available yet. But will likely beat SemiSouthFan's pricing for NOS umatched stock. Sign up sheet is in my signature.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.