MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2010, 05:19 PM   #501
diyAudio Member

I have another question about suitable transformers. Is there any drawback for the relay in the kit or any other part of the circuit by using 18v trafos?

I am thinking in making it compatible with 4 Ohms loads...
Old 26th April 2010, 01:58 PM   #502
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Guys,
I have a few questions in my emails from you and I will get to them today. I have been kitting and avoiding the computer ( can you believe it, zero computer!) the entire weekend. Its been nice. Sonidos came over with his family for Saturday and we kitted nearly every minute from 9am to midnight. Done? No. Not nearly. He is planning another trip.
I am kitting this morning as well.
Its stressful, but its fun to. I know it sounds easy, plug in the parts, get them shipped and put them in boxes right? Yeah, no! So we have a few short parts which have either been on the way or just got ordered a minute ago. For instance I ordered half as mayn 1k 2W than I should so that got ordered a few minutes back.
I ordered a huge amount of LDRs a week and a half ago but had one demand of Allied " Get them out of one single bag". Its important for matching quality. They contacted the factory and is requesting the quantity directly off of the line and drop shipped from the factory. If you ordered LDRs I dont think there will be a delay but its possible. Wont be much though. Remember the baby is due at the end of May and there is no way I am going to have anything left to ship by then.
So anyway, things are going well and when the extra Wima, LM318, relays, heatsinks, and resistors get here the kits wont be far behind.
Glad to see you guys discussing and researching the circuit so much. I really think this circuit deserves the attention. After speaking with the Caddock engineer I am confident that the Caddock will be fine. The new heatsink is 6.4W. I have checked the distributors and manufacturers website to confirm. Maybe it is thicker material. I know for sure it is taller than the old one. We have built hundreds of these boards and the experimentation continues. The particular buy is based on the experience of Dario and Tom. They used MUR820 and 1N4001. Hundreds of others have used 1N4001 and they work. Dario might be right that they might inject a little noise backwards. I think someone should experiment and report back. But removing them, from the kits and ordering another bunch of diodes then kitting them in is not going to happen in this GB. I dont plan on changing any more parts.
Uriah
Old 26th April 2010, 02:16 PM   #503
Reality first!
diyAudio Member

Default Updated BOM for extra boards

I've updated the BOM including the SBYV diodes, revised description and some carbon film for shunt resistors, metal film codes are still present as alternatives.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MyRef BOM.zip (75.0 KB, 66 views)
Old 26th April 2010, 07:22 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much Uriah for all the work you are doing, and the time you are sacrifacing from staying with your family.
Please don't get stressed or worried, take all the time you need to pack the kits. Better safe than sorry, and this is not a work you are being paid for.

Talking about deliveries, I am receiving tomorrow my Farnell order with the trafo (finally a single 2x25vac 250VA), the components for the Lightspeed regulator and some other parts (sockets, RCA connectors and so...)
Old 26th April 2010, 07:35 PM   #505
diyAudio Member

OHHHH that reminds me. You guys should pickup some sockets. Only if you want to play with different resistors and caps to hear different sound. Anyway, thats they way Tom and Dario played with different sounds to come up with this BOM. That way you dont solder, unsolder, solder, unsolder, solder... whoops pad came off!
Old 26th April 2010, 08:13 PM   #506
bluegti is offline bluegti  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
OHHHH that reminds me. You guys should pickup some sockets. Only if you want to play with different resistors and caps to hear different sound. Anyway, thats they way Tom and Dario played with different sounds to come up with this BOM. That way you dont solder, unsolder, solder, unsolder, solder... whoops pad came off!
I was thinking about that this weekend. Searching for "socket" on digikey or mouser isn't very useful... anyone have a part number?
Old 26th April 2010, 08:32 PM   #507
Reality first!
diyAudio Member

506-510-AG90D (Mouser)

BTW the right keyword for search is 'SIL socket'

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiregi22 View Post
Thank you very much Uriah for all the work you are doing, and the time you are sacrifacing from staying with your family.

Last edited by ClaveFremen; 26th April 2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 27th April 2010, 07:57 AM   #508
billo44 is offline billo44  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default International

Dear Uriah,
No pressure but the international shipping button doesn't show up on the buildyouramplifier.com site yet.

Just a gentle reminder in case you need the shipping payments sooner.

Thanks for all your hard work, and thanks to Sonidas for helping out with kitting up.

Cheers
Bill
Old 27th April 2010, 11:48 AM   #509
diyAudio Member

Was kitting last night and spaced it out again. Will do it this morning after the wife heads to work.
Uriah
Old 27th April 2010, 03:22 PM   #510
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

Default Not much time for fun, but

the wife and I and our 2 little ones had a great time at Uriah's home. They all went off to see Annie and Uriah and I dug into all those parts. All those red resistors are still burned into my retinas!!

We took a break and we went to the store to pick up some treats and I bought a beer for my wife and I to share. A great way to end the night after hours of work.

Well, we were working so intently, I forgot about the beer. Ouch!

But that tells you how much I love this hobby and goes back to when I was a small boy looking at the inside of my Dad's portable record player with tubes. It was my pleasure to help out Uriah and you guys. And the last 2 nights, I have had that beer. All is good.

Hide this!Advertise here!