• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

R-Core Transformer Group Buy Interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Folks,

I have the chance to import some R-core transformers (Japanese made cores/bobbins) for projects, in the 12VA range (SS, tube preamp filaments, etc.).

I got a sample of a dual 30V, 250mA ICAS (200mA CCS) (each) secondary for a BoZ project:

(click for larger)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dimensions are 72mm L x 61mm W x 36mm H and weigh 400g each (shipping weight would be 500g for packing+box weight).

The manufacturer was thinking of starting with either dual 30V, 24V, 18V and 12V secondaries (I'm sure I could talk him into dual 6.3V for us tube guys ;) ).

Primary is dual 120V windings and 50/60Hz, so it could be used anywhere. Electrostatic shield drain wire for grounding is supplied.

Pricing would be $25/ea. and I'd get them 4 at a time, so any large orders may take a while.

Any interest? What voltages should I have built?

Cheers!

these seem like good voltage ranges, but 12va seems like not too much current, even for a preamp.

I dunno, MooseFET and BoZ use within this amount as does this Hafler I have in for upgrade, they are the only SS preamps I'm familiar with in recent years.

The PAS3 uses about the same VA if you use SS rectification and lose that 12X4.

But other than the BoZ, I doubt the VA would be a "Pass crowd pleaser" ;)

Would like to see dual 15v@say 50va for preamp and Dual 25v@250 for Gainclone.

Hi Pete,

Larger sizes may be in the cards if this one is sucessful. Start small....

Thanks all for your input! :)

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.