• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for R2R audio volume / input selection pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We have rearranged few components and now boards are ready for production.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• VC_view_1.jpg
    VC_view_1.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 582
  • VC_view_2.jpg
    VC_view_2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 565
  • VC_view_3.jpg
    VC_view_3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 561
Interest to purchase

I'm interested at this price providing ship to UK is reasonable.
Please confirm that this price also now includes new buffer board.
ie I assume price is for all pcb's plus preprogrammed megachip all other components to be supplied by purchaser.

Shipping to EU countries is 16euro with tracking and receive signature confirmation.
Standard postage to EU is ~10euro.

I confirm that the board include output buffer and atmega8 microcontroller programmed and soldered.
All other components will be available via an online BOM - click and shop - We'll do our best to provide codes from a single distributor TME, Mouser or Farnell.
Full documentation with detailed mounting will be available online and posted here as well.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
The price only for PCB + programmed soldered Atmel Atmega16 will be 24euro.
Components as stated in BOM remain for everyone to buy from your favourite component online magazines : TME , Mouser or Farnell. .
This not include shipping which may vary from location to location.
If interested, please drop here a message and I´ll open the webshop on 7 June 12:00gmt.
See here for how it will look the pcb ( 90% will be like the old batch of pcb ):
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...volume-input-selection-pcb-5.html#post2199720

Last edited:
will the end product look like this ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Price ? what does it include ?

Or like this :)
So you´ll have to specify LED display or LCD.
In fact, on the webshop, you´ll have to choose between two products.
But beside display board, you´ll get relay board, rotary encoder board and buffer board.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• IMG_3007.JPG
    IMG_3007.JPG
    511.9 KB · Views: 462
The price only for PCB + programmed soldered Atmel Atmega16 will be 24euro.
Components as stated in BOM remain for everyone to buy from your favourite component online magazines : TME , Mouser or Farnell. .
This not include shipping which may vary from location to location.
If interested, please drop here a message and I´ll open the webshop on 7 June 12:00gmt.
See here for how it will look the pcb ( 90% will be like the old batch of pcb ):
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...volume-input-selection-pcb-5.html#post2199720

I'm more interested in a complete kit ? Will you offer that ? I'm more interested in it, if there are 2 buttons for volume, one for up one for down ?

Due the quality of the components, we like to offer, the total cost of the kit will be over chinese clones and we can not be competitive with low quality & cost chinese kits.
I think is more fair to have a BOM. You can choose components listed by us at the distributor price, or select what you consider is the best.

About 2 buttons for volume, if more people will request this, we can easily replace rotary encoder. However, I personally consider that is more elegant to have a rotary encoder, but final decision is yours.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tvicol, I recommentd 8bits or more relays uses in the volum e control, for the reason that 6bits is really not enough for a suitable attenuation.
You can get 48dB attenuation with 8bits relays
also, 36dB only in 6bits

regards
Lu

Lu,

Strange ... We got around 63dB attenuation.
I hope we are talking about same volume controller. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Tibi

Lu,

Strange ... We got around 63dB attenuation.
I hope we are talking about same volume controller. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Tibi

That is really strange ^_^
We can only get X bits*6dB in original R-2R attenuator, here X is 8, so 6*6=36dB. in theory
But if the resistors are not only R and 2R in your attenuator, you can get other attenuation value.

here is a simple example:
6 bits R-2R resisotr network,
alll the switch are off you can get 'mute' in the output
one LSB switch are on, the others are off, you can get 20log*(1/64)=-36dB
two LSBs 20log*(2/64)=-31dB
three LSBs 20log*(3/64)=-26dB
four ... -24dB
63 LSBs 20log*(63/64)=-0.14dB

there are 1~63steps available in 6bits relays, but it is not mean that 0~63dB attenuations
no exception ^_^

maybe different resistor value is good to 6bits atteuator if you want to get more attenuation.

regards
Lu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.