• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: BF862 Based Preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, Sorry I have been missing from the forum and this GB for a while. Crazy times at work recently but my schedule is returning to normal. I placed the order for the boards a few weeks back but i had a couple of file issues that have just been worked through with the vendor so the boards should be arriving soon. I have the bf862s in hand and as soon as the boards arrive I can start assembling.

Once the boards arrive I will send out the payment information and I will ship the boards as soon as then are ready.

I have received several additional inquiries about boards since closing the list. I did order extra boards and I will make them available once the first list is complete and delivered.

Thanks everyone for your patience. I am sure you are all as anxious as i am to try this design and I will do my best to have them ready in a timely manner. Cheers, Nick

Hello, For everyone that has asked for boards since I closed the spreadsheet, it is now available again. I will have a total 90 boards available to ship (hopefully in the next week or two) with only 45 committed to date.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvN-gJHBthcTdGV3MkJMcVVjTi1hSWNMQXFNbVBLQUE&hl=en

I can not commit to installing the SMD bf862 on any additional boards although I have enough bf862s available to include them for another 10boards.

Please email your shipping address and I will send you my paypal or mailing address in return to receive payment.

Thanks, Nick

Hi Nick,

I have a buddy who's knows my soldering skills. I asked him if he could solder the BF862s for me if I needed the help. His reply was something like "those are huge! Even YOU could solder those." I still haven't decided whether or not that's a compliment. :rolleyes:

That being the case, could I get my two boards without the BF862s? That way I can buy a bunch of BF862s and match them. (Of course, if you get stuck with them, I'll still pay for the parts.) If this is ok, should I update the spreadsheet to include this change?

Thanks for doing this group buy! :D

Looney

Hi Nick,

I have a buddy who's knows my soldering skills. I asked him if he could solder the BF862s for me if I needed the help. His reply was something like "those are huge! Even YOU could solder those." I still haven't decided whether or not that's a compliment. :rolleyes:

That being the case, could I get my two boards without the BF862s? That way I can buy a bunch of BF862s and match them. (Of course, if you get stuck with them, I'll still pay for the parts.) If this is ok, should I update the spreadsheet to include this change?

Thanks for doing this group buy! :D

Looney

Looney if you have a semi steady hand the bf862s are not too hard. I do recommend an smd tip (small chisel shape) for your iron it helps a lot. I may post a YouTube video when the pcbs arrive as a quick guide if it will help others with soldering.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.