• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Chipamp with potential

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Duke,

I did visit your site set up for this.

Looking forward to the BOM and build commentary.

A block diagram of the op-amp possibilities would be helpful in making a decision.

I'm interested in a combined-channel low-pass to drive an outboard sub.

I believe access to pin-outs and docking connectors for mp3 players would boost the interest...it would for me, ah, er, my wife ;)

block diagram

you should find a block diagram in 1 of the 4 attachments in this tread.

Sorry, but I don't speak HTML yet, so the web site is plain.

All the stages 7 dual opamps are separate and can be configured differently. I didn't provide board space for some unique configs (like the phono/ mic stage, u3). u4,5,6 are basically simple gain stages. u7 is the tone stage, and u8 & 9 are for biamping, sketched for 12db hipass/ lowpass, but could be a series for 24db.

I've found the pinout for the Ipod, but what is the plug used?? any body have an order number/ part #?
I have heard those plugs can go bad, but it is better for line out.

I include a 3.5mm plug for the headphone out. This should should see a load (like the headphones) the be amplified. It would go into the 8x opamp after the record player/ mic stage.
Phono plugs for the other inputs. The 3.5 is the only output most 3rd party mp3's have (and my laptop).

I am setting one up for a guitar/mic amp. 2 independent channels input, then a mono amp output. It will be bridged amp for 16ohm load . We'll see how that special application goes. Look to the site for updates.

Kits are ready

I have finally got all the parts together for the standard kits. Just add case, pwr cord (std cpu type).

Sorry, the web site should be up soon with details and paypay. It will have to be money order for now. I'll cover the shipping cost in the US for first 25 kits.

Contact me directly if interested.

Options..
separate amp and preamp boards? I will cut them if you want.
more 3.5mm jacks vs. rca quad.
??
I'm somewhat flexible at this point.

Attachments

• bom.jpg
    bom.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 160
kits and pcb's available

Web site up and available.

Please review the info on the site. Respond if interested in this DIY kit.

I'll be paying the shipping on the kits. I have 90+ boards that need a home.
Willing to divide the amp from the preamp if needed.

Duke

double barrel amp

Yep,
found that 40 watts were not enough.
Did the parallel amp chip thing, with this LM4766. Mostly shooting for 4 ohm stability.

We found something amazing, it was pushing 2 ohm loads (4 each Bose 901's and my custom made Seas 4ohm 8in). It performed well for hours Friday night!

Next day I measured the power consumption for a 2.4ohm load (Custom seas and Klipsch KG4). 2+ amps at 120v nominally, and 3-4 amps in the peaks.

So, when you grow out of the kit, add another.

Attachments

• double barrel c.jpg
    double barrel c.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 89
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.