• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SymAsym - The Sequel, AAK's PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Update

Hi All,

Currently I have payment confirmation for 30 boards, 10 boards are still pending. I'd like to get to forty boards to place an order. I'm hoping that if everybody comes through to order the boards next week and ship them out first week in January.

In the meantime if anybody else would like to get in this GB, email me the number of boards you would like, shipping address, paypal email, and I will get things moving along.

Regards,

Al

Thanks Ed! Everything looks great for the boards to be manufactured next week, and should ship to everybody first week in January. I can't wait to start building the boards and working with everybody. It should be a lot of fun.

Sincerely wishing all of you who contributed to this GB, and all of the Diyaudio.com community a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Al

Hi Piersma,

Your one of 59 confirmed payments. There are some more pending so I ordered 90 boards instead of 75 just in case. Plus I figure more may jump in once the assembly starts. The board design went out for manufacturing on Wednesday, I should get them by the end of the week or early the following week.

I plan this week to start a builders thread where I'll provide assembly information, and document the assembly process while building a pair of the new boards myself.

Thank you, and to everybody that has so far contributed to this GB.

Regards,

Al

Hi All,

The boards arrived tonight, they look really really nice. I've attached a pic showing both sides of the board for you all to see.

I'll start getting the boards and parts ready for shipping this weekend; they should start going out Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I'll also start building a pair of the new boards this weekend while documenting the entire building process to make it easier for everybody to build and test their own boards.

I've attached the latest BOM that I used to order parts on Wednesday for the new boards I'm building.

Stay tuned for the builders thread.

Best regards,

Al

Attachments

• PCB_Pic3.JPG
    PCB_Pic3.JPG
    432.5 KB · Views: 662
  • NewSym_AAks_DTV_Rev_1.3.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 227
Update.

Hi All,

76 boards went out yesterday 13, Jan. except for a couple members that had special request. With everybody included that's 82 boards in all split up between 27 members. Should make for some good times ahead.

For my international friends, you should of received and email with tracking information. For my friends in the states the boards should arrive either Friday, or Monday. Notify me if the boards do not arrive by Tuesday.

I built and tested a pair of the new boards over the weekend. I've been listening to them since Sunday night and I'm very pleased. They sound beautiful! Of course as promised I took pictures at every stage of the assembly process.

BTW for those interested in getting in on this GB I still have extra boards available.

I'll now turn my attention to the builders thread.

Thank you so much for your interest in my work.

Best reagrds,

Al

Hi Ed,

That's great to hear you got the boards. I'm still working on the assembly instructions. It's going a little slow but I should have the builders thread up by this weekend.

I've attached a new BOM and schematic since I'm here.

To the BOM I added a new part number for C7&C8 since it’s out of stock at Mouser. I also changed R32 to 22k to match the schematic. For those that already purchased a 10k for R22, it’s Ok, L3 will shine a little brighter but it should be fine.

Best regards,

Al

Attachments

• NSym_DTV_Amp_Sch.gif
    NSym_DTV_Amp_Sch.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 518
  • NewSym_AAks_DTV_Rev_1.3.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 125
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.